Wrong Country Error Message on MSC Website

JT1962

Is anyone else having issues logging into the MSC Website using their Log On &

Password? I get an error message that I am on the wrong country website, even though I am I in the US using the MSC USA website. This issue started after whatever updates they did over the New Years holiday. 

I can get in using the Confirmation Number and my name, but then it only shows options to add to my cruise, such as Drink Packages, Excursions, etc. No options to check in, make a payment, see prior items purchased, passenger details, etc. MSC website Customer Service just says to try different browsers and see if they work (they don’t). 

IMG_1099.png

I'm using Microsoft Edge and cannot get in, but I do not get any error message....it logs me in, says at the top "Hi Stephanie, your next cruise is in 131 days" and that is it. No options to go make a payment, manage the cruise, nothing. I will try Safari when I get home and see if that helps, but I am a little annoyed....I wanted to go pay off a cruise, but I guess they don't want my money. 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I'm using Microsoft Edge and cannot get in, but I do not get any error message....it logs me in, says at the top "Hi Stephanie, your next cruise is in 131 days" and that is it. No options to go make a payment, manage the cruise, nothing. I will try Safari when I get home and see if that helps, but I am a little annoyed....I wanted to go pay off a cruise, but I guess they don't want my money. 🤷‍♀️

I have tried using Safari & Chrome on my phone and Chrome & Edge on my laptop and all have the same issue. I know I can pay by calling, but having a customer service rep do anything to a booking has resulted in a few bad issues for me in the past. 

I am getting the same error @JT1962. I tried all of the suggestions listed above, switched devices, etc and nothing worked. My husband can log into his account from any device, so we know it is something weird with my account. I called customer service twice for help and they directed me to the voyagers club.  They also told me that the voyagers club does not take calls, only answers email. Lucky me!! 😁  Email sent to mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com explaining the problem and asking for advice. Honestly, I am not expecting a response/resolution any time soon. Their customer service (on and off the ship) has been lacking more than usual, lately, imho.  If they should respond, I will update you.

2 hours ago, cruisin'a said:

I am getting the same error @JT1962. I tried all of the suggestions listed above, switched devices, etc and nothing worked. My husband can log into his account from any device, so we know it is something weird with my account. I called customer service twice for help and they directed me to the voyagers club.  They also told me that the voyagers club does not take calls, only answers email. Lucky me!! 😁  Email sent to mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com explaining the problem and asking for advice. Honestly, I am not expecting a response/resolution any time soon. Their customer service (on and off the ship) has been lacking more than usual, lately, imho.  If they should respond, I will update you.

Thanks.  It’s probably not a good sign that some have no issues and others do. Their IT department likely won’t be too concerned if everyone isn’t affected. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tierun said:

Phone didn't work, but on iPad using safari I was able to hit ok on the error and go to the proper screen. 

Interesting. I don’t have an iPad, but will try my older Amazon Fire tablet. I only get a Back button as an option on the error, no OK option.

I have been getting the same message for weeks, and there doesn’t seem to be any resolution. The MSC website is spectacularly awful.

We’re sailing on the Meraviglia on Monday. Had zero issues with the MSC website until I tried to do check in using my phone, which has somehow paralyzed my account at msccruisesusa … but I was still emailed my check-in docs? The whole thing makes no sense. 

TBH, each time I see some Zenith-plus cruiser who only stays in suites on Celebrity complaining about abysmal X’s website is, I just laugh knowing how uniformed they actually are… 

• Like 1

Same thing with me.  I found it happened after checking in for cruise on app.  Interestingly, logged into parents account, worked fine.  Then checked them in on app, checked login on website and sure enough, got country error message on their account.  Been several weeks.  No fix. No IT number to call.  Was hoping it would fix itself.  Not yet.  

2 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

I have been getting the same message for weeks, and there doesn’t seem to be any resolution. The MSC website is spectacularly awful.

We’re sailing on the Meraviglia on Monday. Had zero issues with the MSC website until I tried to do check in using my phone, which has somehow paralyzed my account at msccruisesusa … but I was still emailed my check-in docs? The whole thing makes no sense. 

TBH, each time I see some Zenith-plus cruiser who only stays in suites on Celebrity complaining about abysmal X’s website is, I just laugh knowing how uniformed they actually are… 

Funny I literally posted same thing as you were writing that!!  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Esv104 said:

Funny I literally posted same thing as you were writing that!!  

The weird thing is that when I log in using my booking number, it only shows excursions… nothing else for the trip. And notably, at least one of the ports has all the excursions listed, but an error code pops up each time you attempt to book any of them, saying there’s no availability. 

Just to make sure, I did a password reset, and it still doesn’t work on the website or app. Same “wrong country” error code. But I am able to log into the app using my booking number. This happens across platforms (desktop, iPad, iPhone) and browsers (safari, chrome). 

Edited by AstoriaPreppy

15 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

The weird thing is that when I log in using my booking number, it only shows excursions… nothing else for the trip. And notably, at least one of the ports has all the excursions listed, but an error code pops up each time you attempt to book any of them, saying there’s no availability. 

Just to make sure, I did a password reset, and it still doesn’t work on the website or app. Same “wrong country” error code. But I am able to log into the app using my booking number. This happens across platforms (desktop, iPad, iPhone) and browsers (safari, chrome). 

Exactly the same for me! Hope it fixes eventually.   

This is an Issue from MSC, we had it for many times.

Only solution to fix it is to call MSC Hotline, it is a Server/Database Problem. The Problem allways shows up after mixing Up Bookings of additional (excursions, spa, etc.) from App and Website. If you book only from the App or only by Website you won't encounter this Problem.

MSC IT is filthy and rotten, they did not improve anything in last five years since we startet cruisin with MSC. Support is a mess also, no matter if on the Phone or by Mail. 

• Like 1

@JT1962Received an update from mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com. 

Thank you for contacting Msc Voyagers Club.
We submitted a ticket to have your voyagers account linked to your web account. Please allow 5-7 days for the update to reflect your account.”

41 minutes ago, cruisin'a said:

@JT1962Received an update from mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com. 

Thank you for contacting Msc Voyagers Club.
We submitted a ticket to have your voyagers account linked to your web account. Please allow 5-7 days for the update to reflect your account.”

Thanks for the update. I doubt seriously that it has anything to do with the voyager numbers. Based on the other postings, it seems to be an issue when you check in on the app, which I did for my February 1 cruise. That’s when the problem started on the website.

I’m hoping that after my cruise in February is finished, that maybe things will start working again for me on the website. My next cruise after the ones in February is in April on the Opera, which does not use the app. So I will definitely need access to the website to check in.

1 hour ago, cruisin'a said:

@JT1962That fixed it. I am able to log into my account.

Thanks for the update. I submitted a request to the email you provided yesterday , but haven’t gotten a reply and still can’t log in. Hopefully mine will be corrected in a few days as well.

• Like 1

I am having the same issue with my wife's account. I called Voyager's Club today and was told to wait a few days, that there was a known issue with the website impacting some users.  Don't know if this is true or just something they tell you to get you to go away.  I did mix booking the cruise on the website and adding specialty dining via the app, so that might be the issue. I have no problems with my account.  Fortunately, she can still log in using the booking number of our next cruise.

Same error on the website for me here after I completed check-in via the mobile app in order to use the camera for the photo and link my credit card.  I tried all sorts of devices, ISP providers, and even VPN's to no avail.

What a mess their IT systems are.  I'm too close to my sailing now (Monday , 1/15) to try and fix everything.  I have hard copies of all my paperwork for boarding just in case and my mobile app still shows a valid boarding pass.

Maybe this is a sign they only want me to do a one and done cruise with them?  LOL