Refare of upcoming fully paid cruise

CruiserJBM

Good evening,

Just wanted to post a success story about a re-fare on our next cruise that is fully paid for.  The live chat (surprisingly) was very quick, and the person on the other end (Guy) was very helpful and quick about refaring the cruise with no loss of promos or OBC.  Saved $300, and he willingly pointed out that if we find it dropping again, to please reach out and they would take a look at it again.  Even more, they automatically refunded the difference and didn't just add it as OBC.  And even better, they kept us in the same room without even a question.

Cruise is on the Island P in November 2024.

Just wanted to post something positive, after going into it certain I would have to argue given it was fully paid.

Jerry

Edited by CruiserJBM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

First, congrats on the refare.

I think you are getting fully paid and final payment confused.  You can refare as many times as you want so long as final payment deadline hasn’t passed.  It doesn’t matter whether you have fully paid for the cruise or not.  The key date is Princess’ final payment deadline.  Unless, you’re on a sailing over 28 days Princess, final payment is 90 days before sailing.  For sailings over 28 days, it’s 6 months before sailing.

• Like 5

So basically this is worthless information because you can ALWAYS refare as long as it is before the final payment deadline regardless whether it is fully paid or not.  

Such heading is VERY MISLEADING.   When I open the thread I thought wow, you can refare after final payment?  Then the nugget if the truth came out towards the end, the cruise is November 2024!  

And you fully acknowledge there is a big difference.  Then why use a misleading title?

2 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

So basically this is worthless information because you can ALWAYS refare as long as it is before the final payment deadline regardless whether it is fully paid or not.  

Such heading is VERY MISLEADING.   When I open the thread I thought wow, you can refare after final payment?  Then the nugget if the truth came out towards the end, the cruise is November 2024!  

And you fully acknowledge there is a big difference.  Then why use a misleading title?

Relax.  It's a new poster.  This person just joined the forum.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

Unless, you’re on a sailing over 28 days Princess, final payment is 90 days before sailing.  For sailings over 28 days, it’s 6 months before sailing.

For sailings 25+ days, final payment is 120 days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Worked for you but not for me.  Mines November 2024.  Only minimum deposit.  Tried chat, tried calling, and tried cruise consultant.  All got the same answer.  New bookings only.  The cruise consultant was the best.  Issue was we booked an accessible mini.  It was fared as a standard mini because none were available in standard mini.  When they tried to refare the price actually went up.  I was able to rebook at reduced fare, then canceled the previous booking.  Didn't make sense and still doesn't.  But easier than figuring out the new And old Princess apps! 🤣

I just refared an on deposit only booking under the 40% off promotion.  Took my TA a couple of hours to get it straightened out.  Final payment is still a long way off.  Didn’t want to cancel and rebook because I might lose my stateroom.

All done BEFORE final payment.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CruiserJBM said:

Good evening,

Just wanted to post a success story about a re-fare on our next cruise that is fully paid for.  The live chat (surprisingly) was very quick, and the person on the other end (Guy) was very helpful and quick about refaring the cruise with no loss of promos or OBC.  Saved $300, and he willingly pointed out that if we find it dropping again, to please reach out and they would take a look at it again.  Even more, they automatically refunded the difference and didn't just add it as OBC.  And even better, they kept us in the same room without even a question.

Cruise is on the Island P in November 2024.

Just wanted to post something positive, after going into it certain I would have to argue given it was fully paid.

Jerry

Welcome to CC.  Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

• Like 5