Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

14 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Can't even board yet because we're waiting for flight attendants who are supposed to arrive on another flight. Something tells me we're going to be around an hour late landing.

Settle in and enjoy the airport smells....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally on board the plane and my carry on is safely stowed. With a little luck we'll be out of here about a half hour late due to the flight attendant delay. Let's hope this is the only snafu I run into today.

• Like 26

This is my first time ever being on the starboard side of the plane. Ironically I always book starboard side on the ship, but port on the plane. This was the best seat available when I booked, so I just took it...

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

You got a non-stop flight? How are you getting to the hotel? Think positive right up until all hell breaks loose. Then you can say you told us so and we'd all be agreeing that travel day sucks.

I only travel non stop... Taking the Metro Rail from the airport straight to Brickell...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

What do you say we scrap this whole idea and just go to Vegas instead?

PXL_20240113_143944593.jpg

I veto that idea. My Vegas trip a few weeks ago was the most crazy, expensive trip ever! I go regularly and have free rooms and comps and even that didn't help.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I don't know why the winner's cup icon is "thanks." In my book, it means "winner." You're a winner, Sid.

Yep I reserve that icon for only a trophy worthy post in a dramatic role. We should give it a name like the Oscar or Emmy

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm about to go into airplane mode and get ready to leave. When I arrive down in Miami, "vacation mode" begins!!!...

Safe travels Sid. Have a Garden Margarita for me at SoCal. 

Edited by RenoNanaOz
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, fyree39 said:

I hate the Vegas strip. Our last stay was on the strip and we vowed "never again." We'll stay at the Boyd group next time, like the Orleans. 

I started flying in 1959. Yes, things have changed. I remember build-your-own sundaes in first class way back when.

The Orleans is my favorite property to gamble at, have never lost a penny there😁

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Yep I reserve that icon for only a trophy worthy post in a dramatic role. We should give it a name like the Oscar or Emmy

I nominate the term "Smithy" in honor of esteemed Captain E. J. Smith of the most advanced cruise ship in the world

image.png.b56143d789c5cdf189bfd2aec152997d.png

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Stallion said:

I nominate the term "Smithy" in honor of esteemed Captain E. J. Smith of the most advanced cruise ship in the world

image.png.b56143d789c5cdf189bfd2aec152997d.png

He certainly was a man of Titanic proportions!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, onlyano said:

I’m fat. I should sit next to @sid_9169 whenever I can just for giggles. 

IMG_0098.jpeg

Ha ha! Me thinks he deserves that too. I don't care what size the person beside me is--just don't enjoy sitting next to an antsy (kicking the seat, etc) young child or someone who takes both arm rests to themself! I have had a seat in FRONT of an antsy kicking (the back of MY seat)  child and hated that.

• Like 6

And just like that I was on the Metro Rail, and hopefully heading towards Brickell soon... Luckily my EZ Card had some stored value on it because there was a huge line of people trying to figure out how to buy a pass. Next stop: The CitizenM Brickell...

• Like 17