Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Interesting how cruising is such a relaxing care free type of vacation, but on that last morning it turns into a high intensity race against the clock. Unlike a land vacation, where you have until around 11:00 to vacate...

I literally feel my blood vessels constricting, my brow furrowing, my lips pursing. 

Best are the voyages that sometimes happen where we are actually not personally in a hurry and we’re trynna game how to be the last trespassers being physically kicked off. We have breakfast in the MDR 5 minutes before they close the door, grab a seat on deck or some nice quiet location, and watch everyone else move along. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

They're calling debarkation by muster station now. 

Good morning. This is your cruise director. We have so enjoyed hosting you this week. We hope you book another cruise on your phone while sitting in the terminal waiting for your flight today. 

But right now? This minute? We gotta system, people, and you need to take your crap and GO! Yes that means YOU!

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

My morning writing table is blocked off for debarkation, so I'm having to take my coffee in my room... Just as well, I've got a few things I need to do here. Hopefully head out for something to eat after that, then leisurely start getting ready to head out. There were already people lining up downstairs to leave the ship...

PXL_20240121_111754777.jpg

I have to eat, too, before I leave the ship. I am never at the head of the line to scan off, but still manage to take early flights home.

• Like 6

Showered off and pretty much packed up and ready to go... I'm still going to linger here in the room until the very last minute possible, since I've got nowhere to be anytime soon. With a bit of jostling around, I was able to squeeze my African mask into my backpack, so hopefully it'll survive there. Worst case scenario I end up having to glue one of the horns back on. Still easier than trying to carry it as an entirely separate item, and the flight attendant won't give me any guff for trying to hold it on my lap...

PXL_20240121_125241051.thumb.jpg.96f0f80a7a2667d0d4baec24b0314378.jpg

PXL_20240121_125247343.jpg

• Like 25

All the closets are officially empty, except for the jacket I bought with me that I no longer have room for in my luggage. I'm abandoning it here, and hopefully it finds a new home... 

PXL_20240121_130304510.thumb.jpg.77408a7cc441226096a353f3a368c838.jpg

PXL_20240121_130307205.jpg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

All the closets are officially empty, except for the jacket I bought with me that I no longer have room for in my luggage. I'm abandoning it here, and hopefully it finds a new home... 

PXL_20240121_130307205.jpg

Wear the jacket it’s cold outside.

• Like 9

Box is ready to go, and I'll be out of here soon. I bet the room steward girl will be happy I'm gone... Maybe not, since I did save her a lot of extra work this past week...

PXL_20240121_131006949.jpg

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Take the jacket - it's cold. Abandon it later at the airport. Safe travels!

• Like 9

I wish you well, Sid.  This was an amazing review and your pics are awesome.  Safe travels home.  I hope you don’t give up cruising as I hope to someday bump into you on a ship.  Don’t call me out for being a stalker weirdo type person, it’s just that I think you are a pretty cool guy.

• Like 6

Interesting how cruising is such a relaxing care free type of vacation, but on that last morning it turns into a high intensity race against the clock. Unlike a land vacation, where you have until around 11:00 to vacate...

During COVID - I went to Disney with my family frequently and really enjoyed that last morning when you could just leave in a leisurely fashion....my first cruise after the pandemic was on the NCL Joy and it was like a 2.5 hour line to get off (and the hotel director was just watching it happen)

• Like 2

Still just sitting here waiting for the insanity to wind down to a trickle... Still a whole lot of people milling around. My only concern now is if I have to use the restroom. No way I can carry all this stuff in THERE...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

@sid_9169 Thanks a ton for doing this live review (and also every other live review that I've thoroughly enjoyed!!).

Unless my wife kills me first, my first solo is in April, coincidentally porting in San Juan, so I extra-appreciate all of the legwork (literally) you've done for me.

Gracias.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ggooglyboogly said:

During COVID - I went to Disney with my family frequently and really enjoyed that last morning when you could just leave in a leisurely fashion....my first cruise after the pandemic was on the NCL Joy and it was like a 2.5 hour line to get off (and the hotel director was just watching it happen)

Right, if you don’t have to get off fast because of your travel plans, I see little point in rushing around to wait in lines. As long as there’s another passenger around, I figure there’s no hurry, the movement is still in progress. Once my immediate space is deserted I will move to one nearer the exit, where there’s almost guaranteed to still be a (now much shorter) line. 

• Like 2

I guess there's no better day to try and start working on my drinking situation than today. I'm going to try for five nights in a row, and see how that goes. Something that I've REALLY been needing to deal with for awhile, but have procrastinated on...

Do it. The first few days may be rough, but your brain and body will thank you for it in a week!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1