Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

The big boss is out of the office today, so it's sort of an easy slide back into the workforce. Also, according to the scale we have at work, I weigh the exact same thing that I did before I left... Everything evens out... C'mon lunch time!

• Like 28

Thanks for bringing us on your vacation. Impressive collection of mask. Leaving this week for a B2B on the Glory. Looking forward to warmer climate and sunshine not to mention several adult beverages.

Edited by marsh-angler
spelling correction
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

And, a couple of my most prized masks, as well as the moment you've all been waiting for: the traditional dirty laundry dump.

PXL_20240121_231741844.thumb.jpg.4774f097d791516627f446aad4480ad1.jpg

Nope, no way. Never ever.

Too much like that doll that chased around Karen Black in Trilogy of Terror giving me nightmares as a kid.

image.png.4dc51d1f93eb1bb122b01bb4057b095e.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

On 1/20/2024 at 7:38 PM, sid_9169 said:

Back here at the room now, and I don't even know if I'm going back out this evening. It's been a long strange trip here this week. Ups. Downs. Sideways a couple of times... A pretty decent time by all standards... Things didn't go "exactly" as great as I'd thought, but then again it was magnitudes better than my last cruise on Virgin Voyages, so that's a plus... I've got some REAL work to do once I get back home to Atlanta... Try to work on this drinking situation, as well as looking into therapy. On top of that, tackling whatever health issues I may or may not have, and also trying to figure out what I'm going to do for work going forward after my days over at the 'ol salt mine come to an end... 

Seems like my plate is pretty full right now... Thanks to all of you who made it this far on this crazy crazy week! 

I've been off CC since my cruise in Sept so I missed the VV drama. Going over there now to read it.

• Like 1

Another fantastic Live, Sid!  Thank you for sharing your vacation.  Good luck in your future adventures.  I will miss reading your reports...but I look forward to reading your books and your commentary on the "other site that shall not be named".  Take care!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Really, what's the other one?

Holeman & Finch, Roshambo, The Companion, Wrecking Bar, Muss &Turner, Patty and Frank's, NFA Burger, Tucker Meat Market, Three Buddy's, Fred's Meat and Bread, and several more... Nothing wrong with Vortex, but there's many more out there...

• Like 9

On 1/21/2024 at 11:32 AM, sid_9169 said:

Somebody has to stand up to these bullies... That's the reason they are bullies, because they always get away with it. They just picked the wrong guy to mess with today. I may not be a physically imposing guy, but I DO have a "look" about me that says "maybe shouldn't mess with this one"... It sucks that things have to be that way in this day and age, but I'm a Libra, and I believe in fairness, and I'm willing to fight for it when pressed...

I'm right there with you. I try to be civil but I was raised to not take crap from anyone. I've had people run there mouth at me because I've called them out. My response is usually is the day and thing you really want to get your *** beat over? My wife says with that and the look I have on my face it usually does the trick. I'm a pretty level headed guy but there are just times when enough is enough and society seems to have lost their freaking minds lately. 🙂

Awesome review BTW, going to miss your writing. If you ever publish that book I will be ordering it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JGmf said:

Nope, no way. Never ever.

Too much like that doll that chased around Karen Black in Trilogy of Terror giving me nightmares as a kid.

image.png.4dc51d1f93eb1bb122b01bb4057b095e.png

I remember that movie!!!!

9 minutes ago, Kanyon71 said:

I'm right there with you. I try to be civil but I was raised to not take crap from anyone. I've had people run there mouth at me because I've called them out. My response is usually is the day and thing you really want to get your *** beat over? My wife says with that and the look I have on my face it usually does the trick. I'm a pretty level headed guy but there are just times when enough is enough and society seems to have lost their freaking minds lately. 🙂

Awesome review BTW, going to miss your writing. If you ever publish that book I will be ordering it.

The strange thing is that it happened twice in the course of one hour, and I'm normally the quietest calmest person around, but when I see injustice I ACT... Most people just "let it slide" because they don't want confrontation , but it's just in my nature not to allow bullies to be bullies if I can help it.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 15

So, going back to the cruise now... Other than just hanging out by myself most of the time, I probably spent more time talking and drinking with Mr Jamman than anyone else. In fact, we probably talked more in one week than me and my dad have in five years... (*""By the way, remind me to call my dad)

He's a very down to Earth guy, like myself, and we just chatted about this and that and nothing at all sometimes. 

The other Tribe members I would run into here and there, and we'd talk for a minute, but at the end of the day I'm just a real independent type person who's completely comfortable just hanging out on my own... 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much everything I ate on board was at least satisfactory, with the standouts being Emeril's, Shaqs Big Chicken (with the exception of the biscuits themselves), Chibang, and Street Eats... Cucina was "good", but not great, and the same with the Steakhouse... For $48 I definitely wasn't blown away... Guy's Burgers are okay, and I had a couple, but there are plenty of awesome burgers here where I live, so it's hard to compare them to my favorites.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Y'all know that I basically kept my room steward locked out for the entire cruise, other than the ONE time she snuck in while I was at breakfast and had forgotten to put out the Snoozin' sign. Nothing against the great job they do, but I'm just a very private and self sufficient person. They could just leave a three foot high stack of towels, and I'd have been good for the entire week. Instead, I just exchanged my own towels whenever she wasn't around... Honestly, she was probably happy to have one fewer room to clean...

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Y'all know that I basically kept my room steward locked out for the entire cruise, other than the ONE time she snuck in while I was at breakfast and had forgotten to put out the Snoozin' sign. Nothing against the great job they do, but I'm just a very private and self sufficient person. They could just leave a three foot high stack of towels, and I'd have been good for the entire week. Instead, I just exchanged my own towels whenever she wasn't around... Honestly, she was probably happy to have one fewer room to clean...

Towels and Toilet Paper 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What a blessing it has been to follow along with you on this adventure.  I have been a Cruise Critic member since 2009, lurked and visited haphazardly over the years, and stopped by reviews when researching future ships and ports.  I rarely read an entire review (with the exception of Jamman, who I have followed since we crossed paths "after" cruising together without physically crossing paths on the Carnival Sunshine in September of 2017).  You have a tremendous gift, and a delightful spirit.  You are honest and sincere and it comes across in your writing and your photos.  Thank You for doing this final LIVE review and many prayers that you are blessed to find an outlet for the tremendous gift you possess.

• Like 8

Thanks for doing this last Live for us. Please be sure to post a link to your blog whenever you get one. There are at least 367 of us that would like to read that ❤️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I’m the same, I’d prefer they stay out of the room the whole cruise. 

• Like 2