Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

But first, let's go allll the way back to the start…

In the beginning, a few fellow and female Tribe members had vaguely talked about maybe putting together some kind of a “group sailing”. One of these particular individuals had already booked a particular cruise on the Carnival Celebration, and next thing you know, things began to snowball. Pretty soon, nearly a couple of dozen people had "jumped on board", including some of the Cruise Critic “big shots” who will be revealed soon enough. (*** edit to add: the cat was mostly out of the bag when Megan started her review earlier this week…)

I didn't have anything else booked at the time, so I ended up booking this on March 16th 2023, and the rest is history.

I’ll have to admit that I'm just a little bit apprehensive about doing some kind of “group cruise”, as I'm a whole lot more comfortable going solo, but I'm in too deep at this point, so… Some of y'all know that I'm oftentimes prone to wild emotional swings, and there are times when I just like to sit at the bar all alone and drink, so this is going to be an entirely new experience for me. 

Wish

me luck!

img_1_1699305350041.jpg

It’s your party, you can cry (or whatever) if you want to!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Yup and YOU my friend get to tell us ALL about it after it is over, what a great way to keep it going!

Yep, and I expect the payoffs to be huge! 😁

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Yup and YOU my friend get to tell us ALL about it after it is over, what a great way to keep it going!

PLUS, everyone gets to see Patti in action, AND under the influence of Cheers! 😁

• Like 7
  • Haha 30

Before the "fun" continues, I want to be totally serious for a moment...

I'm not one of those people who are big into New Year's resolutions, but if you've ever read any of my prior so called “reviews” then you already know that I've been struggling to find some real meaning in my life for a long long time now. Working at a job that's going nowhere, and that I'm just simply too old for anymore. In addition to that, a serious drinking problem that I've been dealing with (or not) for decades. Obviously, trying to cure depression with alcohol is like trying to put out a fire with gasoline, so I really need to make progress in tackling both. Short version is, that I've spent the past several years of my life running away from my problems rather than running towards a solution.

So, the time has finally come to either try to do something about it, or just go down with the ship. I want to believe that I can overcome all this, but it's going to take a monumental effort on my part to fix it. I'm currently looking into getting back into talk therapy again after a twenty year hiatus, but I still haven't nailed that situation down yet. I'm hoping and praying that with some serious soul searching on my part coupled with the therapy and cutting down on my drinking will somehow help me get my life going in the right direction… We'll se

e…

• Like 71

12 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

PLUS, everyone gets to see Patti in action, AND under the influence of Cheers! 😁

This may be an all time record for number of pictures that Patti takes.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Something tells that our already late lunch break is about to get cut short on both ends... I'm trying to "keep my eye on the ball" and think about the sunny Caribbean, since next week here is supposed to be the coldest weather of the season so far. My coworkers are jealous that I'm going to be down there getting sunburnt while they toil away here in the depths of the 'ol salt mine.

• Like 20

Ahhh, those were the days... Kids, don't forget to have lots of fun out there while you're young. Once you grow up, it's nothing but work and paying bills and such.

Screenshot_20231211-143530.png

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 10
  • Haha 23

I, like many here it seems, am still recovering from The Holidays Hangover, so I am happy to have something to keep me entertained for another week while I try to "work"...lol

Maybe by February I'll find the motivation to be productive...

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BohJang said:

And prank calls were so much fun!

I am not to proud of this, but when I was around 11 we found a pay phone that worked without putting a dime in it.  Needless to say my friends and I made a lot prank phone calls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 18