You Be YOU

Mike981

On 10/3/2024 at 12:56 PM, CruiseNewbie2025 said:

Hubby and I have travelled many times, and even though I'm more adventurous than him, we both like variety, so we try and eat new things - but at some point on almost every trip we've wanted something quick, easy and familiar, and we've probably had McDonald's in over a dozen countries. I also like that they're NOT exactly the same - they can be anything from a multi-storey to a tiny takeout, some do table service, some even sell alcohol, and they all have very slight local variations to the menu. Probably the one place we don't usually go there is the US (we're in the UK), because there are so many alternatives that we haven't tried - on our last trip we went to a Wendy's for the first time 😂

We are very similar.  We eat food common to whatever country we are visiting but at some point will migrate to something familiar.  Might be fast food or a familiar chain.   

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 12:00 PM, ldubs said:

I would hope that "you be you" does not mean good manners would be ignored.  

If you being you includes being grumpy, rude, and constantly complaining about everything around you, then please don't be you.  🙂

Definitely not.  One should always be mannerable.  

• Like 1

There is abundant room in this world for everyone to be who they are.  

We must become accepting of others and their uniqueness, and as someone that has been on the outside of "normal" all my life, I know that some will never accept my unique self.

Still, you be you is a great statement.

• Like 1