Wine packages for sale on NCL

On the last three cruises with NCL, I  was never offered the option to purchase a four or six bottle wine package. Perhaps this was because I had the drinks as part of the Free at Sea package. Does anyone know if wine packages are offered on NCL and how they can be purchased.

while i can't swear to this, after 25 + cruises on ncl, i have never seen an offer for a wine package. usually, when you have booked a cruise, if you log in, it will give you a page with various options.  if a wine package was offered it would be there. if you upgrade the drink package, it  is my understanding that  you can order all the upscale wine you want, but not as a bottle package. it would be listed under beverage package.( i  just checked so as to not give you incorrect information) and there is no bottle wine package per se

Thank you Complawyer, that is my understanding as well. Just wondering if I had overlooked something.

we are not drinkers and not really interested in NCL drink package even if it’s “free”. But we do like wine with dinner and the occasional sip in our cabin.

Again, thanks for your comment.

The closest thing to a wine package that NCL have ever offered is Viva Vino, where you buy a number of bothles of wine for a fixed price. That price being based on the quantity and the category they are in (called Enthusiast, Aficionado or Connoisseur).

This could only be purchased onboard, and used to be quite well advertised, but since free at sea came along it is a lot less visable, and now it isn’t even clear whether it is being offered a lot of the time.

There has only been one cruise since the restart where I have seen it being sold (Dawn in 2022). That isn’t to say that it hasn’t been offered on the others, just that I haven’t noticed it. It isn’t something I look for these days.

It is not a bad offer as they seem to have never put the prices up. I just can’t guarantee that it will be available.

Edited by KeithJenner

4 minutes ago, Knighthunter said:

Hi Keith

How and where were you offered this list? I’ve never seen anything like it on any of my previous cruises. Is this a Platinum perk perhaps?

I think (going by the surface that the sheet was on) that these lists were in the wine bar. They are available for everyone.

Years ago there used to be Viva Vino sheets in multiple places, but principally at the the atrium bar. Often there would be stands set up in various places. It is a lot less visible these days. If I was looking for them then I would try the atrium bar and the wine bar (if there is one).

As I mentioned earlier, I can’t even say that it is still constantly available. If i hadn’t seen them selling it on the Dawn then I would have concluded that it is no longer available (and that was over a year ago).

I can’t say whether it was that the Dawn was one of the last to sell it or whether it is still available but very badly advertised.

10 hours ago, Knighthunter said:

Thank you Complawyer, that is my understanding as well. Just wondering if I had overlooked something.

we are not drinkers and not really interested in NCL drink package even if it’s “free”. But we do like wine with dinner and the occasional sip in our cabin.

Again, thanks for your comment.

The FAS is $21 pp pd, a glass of wine is around $13, so if you drink more than 1 glass, it’s a good deal. Plus, you can bring on as many bottles of wine as you wish for no corkage, so that $50 bottle on NCL will cost you $8.

1 hour ago, Knighthunter said:

Hi Keith

How and where were you offered this list? I’ve never seen anything like it on any of my previous cruises. Is this a Platinum perk perhaps?

It used to be well advertised and on every cruise, same with the buckets of beer.

21 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

The FAS is $21 pp pd, a glass of wine is around $13, so if you drink more than 1 glass, it’s a good deal. Plus, you can bring on as many bottles of wine as you wish for no corkage, so that $50 bottle on NCL will cost you $8.

Did NCL drop its corkage charge? I see it’s not applicable if you have the. Beverage package.

and i also see it’s $15/bottle otherwise 

If you opt for the free drink package you can bring wine aboard no charge. So its worth it. Not having it is a hassle if you drink at all. People think they save money but they do not and it restricts you.

• Like 1