Yokohama Port Hotels

Empehi

I would definitely stay near the port. There's so much to see and do in Yokohama. Some hotels are very close to Osanbashi Pier or getting the free shuttles to Daikoku Pier at Yamashita Park. Like Hotel New Grand, Hyatt Regency, Hotel Mielparque. Otherwise many hotels are just a short taxi drive away.  

It would really depend on which port you are sailing from.

I am sailing from Yokohama in March and decided to stay at the Yokohama Hyatt Regency.

There are at least two (and possibly more) piers for cruise ships in Yokohama. Plus I believe there are five piers in Tokyo that cruise ships use. Best wishes for a wonderful and safe trip.

If you don't know which cruise terminal, then stay in Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers, across from Yokohama Station. The Yokohama station taxi stand locates at the West exit facing Sheraton, Yokohama station is a mini city with supermarket, restaurants, food court, a transportation hub....

The location is a convenient access to all Yokohama cruise terminals

• 3 weeks later...

The time you arrive and how long your flight is may influence your decision on where to stay.  If you arrive early you might want to stay at one of the hotels mentioned previously.  However, if you have a long flight and arrive later in the afternoon or in the evening, then you might want to stay at the airport.  There are two new hotels connected to terminal 3 at HND.  We arrived at 5:00 pm after a 10-hour flight and stayed at one of the new hotels.  There are many restaurants to eat at so it was convenient to have dinner and get over jet lag.  The next morning we checked out and walked back to the arrival terminal to catch the cruise line transfer to the ship.  

If you arrive early in the morning or if you have two days in Yokohama, one of the hotels recommended would be a good choice.  On another cruise, we stayed at a hotel across the street from the baseball park and a couple of blocks away from Chinatown. It was also close to Osanbashi Pier.

Note to get from HND to Yokohama, I would suggest you take the limousine bus (Keikyu Bus) and then a taxi to your hotel in Yokohama. (note YCAT is Yokohama City Air Terminal)

Here is a video on the bus (it's an old video but still applies)

We just booked the Hyatt Regency Yokohama for our upcoming Oct. trip. It was quite pricey, even on Hotwire...from $250-$300.  I checked my Hyatt balance and had zero points but  they only wanted 15000 points for that nights stay.  My Chase Sapphire card wanted me to use 24000 points for that hotel.  So I outsmarted them all (haha) and transferred my 15 k Chase points into my Hyatt account and within 10 minutes I was able to book the Hyatt. Win!  🙂Looks like it's a short walk to the pier too.

Edited by momrox1
  • Like 2

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency in Yokohama next month. I picked up a good deal a few months ago, and got a triple room for just under $165 USD... with the exchange rate in USD's favor right now, it'll probably be even less than that at check-in. Right now, for the same time frame, I'm seeing a $220 rate. It's walking distance from our port, and only a few blocks from Chinatown, which we are very interested in seeing.