Arrival time Miami MSC Seascape

RCRD

We will be on a cruise October 5/12.

The 12th of October we will arrive in Miami at 07.00 AM and the cruise is done.

Where can I find/Does someone know the actual time it will arrive? 05.00 AM, 06.00 AM?

Want to catch a flight to Las Vegas as soon as possible because the party never ends. 😁

Will a flight at 08.30 AM be too soon?

We are in Yacht Club. 

It does usually arrive earlier, but even if it does they're not going to start letting people off until disembarkation officially starts. We've caught 11am-ish flights a few times without a problem, but I'd be nervous about 8:30 in case the ship arrives a little later than normal.

Don't do it. The queue at Miami airport is a holdup, and that's assuming everything goes smoothly with the ship and customs (usually, but not always). We sail YC and do self walk-off. Off the ship by 8am. A noon flight is a pretty safe bet (pun intended in this case!).

Edited by psmarkle
  • Like 1

8:30 wouldn't work. We just got off Seascape in Miami in Yacht Club yesterday. The ship was cleared to start disembarkation at about 7:45am. I was asleep when we arrived because I'm not a morning person so it may well have arrived earlier, but it doesn't matter because no one can get off until the ship is cleared regardless of when it arrives. Between getting out of the terminal, getting a ride to the airport, and actually getting to your gate you'd have zero chance of making an 8:30 flight leaving at 7:45 and per our junior butler 7:45 clearance is pretty standard. It wouldn't be safe to count on leaving any earlier.

• Like 4

On 1/12/2024 at 1:00 PM, RCRD said:

Will a flight at 08.30 AM be too soon?

way too soon.

Oh, and it was impossible to get the internet on our phones to work when we got out of the terminal and tried to get an uber/lyft. My DH had to go back to the terminal's entrance to get it. The terminal worker told us it was useless... We are not even talking about free wifi here - we couldn't get the ATT data to work. So, it took forever to order a lyft, but it did arrive within 5 minutes.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Oh, and it was impossible to get the internet on our phones to work when we got out of the terminal and tried to get an uber/lyft.

We didn't have any trouble with mobile data (we use T-Mobile's network), but traffic was a mess and the Uber took forever to arrive even though they were essentially at the terminal already. This was closer to 9:30am, though, because we had a really late flight and stayed onboard as long as possible. Also there were a few big ships in port that day which probably didn't help. Between Seascape and Icon of the Seas alone that's a ton of people. Still, yet another reason not to chance 8:30. You never know what hand you'll be dealt on disembarkation day.

Just now, bundtkate said:

This was closer to 9:30am, though, because we had a really late flight and stayed onboard as long as possible.

so did we - our flight was at 6 pm....

But it was definitely the ATT network that wasn't working where people were waiting for taxis and ubers. We tried all three phones (all three are on ATT).

18 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

so did we - our flight was at 6 pm....

But it was definitely the ATT network that wasn't working where people were waiting for taxis and ubers. We tried all three phones (all three are on ATT).

Which terminal was it?  We disembarked Seascape at terminal C on Dec 16 around 8:30 am and didn't have any problem with AT&T service when calling for an Uber. 

I would never try for an 8:30 am flight out of MIA because it make early or even on time arrival of the ship is not the determinant for disembarkation.  What is important is what time the CBP staff are scheduled to arrive, and when they do if is a full complement of staff. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Which terminal was it?  We disembarked Seascape at terminal C on Dec 16 around 8:30 am and didn't have any problem with AT&T service when calling for an Uber.

perhaps, the network was overloaded at the end of Thanksgiving week, but the staff person at the terminal told us the same - it is very difficult to catch it outside where people wait for ubers. My DH finally succeeded when he went back to the terminal building exit, and the uber was there within 5 minutes.