Dinner reservations question on 8 night cruise

herdfans4

Our first and only VV cruise was a 5 night cruise.  Subsequently, we were limited to reservations in a different restaurant every night and were unable to repeat a booking in same restaurant (eg. two night in wake) ahead of time.   What is the policy on an 8 night cruise?  How many bookings in the same restaurant will I be allowed to make when booking window opens up for us.  We are not a fan of test kitchen but love Pink agave and wake and would like to repeat those.  will we be able to make duplicate bookings in the same restaurant ahead of time and if so how many times can you book the same restaurant ahead of the cruise?

• Like 1

Cruises of 6 nights or more, you can book up to 3 dinner reservations in each restaurant in advance.

This does NOT include brunch reservations,  I don't know if there is a limit on brunch--we had a lot of those,

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Colin 2905 said:

The App doesn't seem to be aware of the policy, or maybe it can't count. For our upcoming 6-night cruise I was only able to book each venue once.

It should tell you in the app on the restaurant page what the policy is, it might be seven nights or longer to book places more than once now?

I can’t see it in the app as my cruise is too far away!

44 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

It should tell you in the app on the restaurant page what the policy is, it might be seven nights or longer to book places more than once now?

Yeah, I wondered if it had changed to 7 nights since people were saying it didn't work for 6.  Bottom line, on cruises of a week or more we've had no issues with booking up to 3 times in each restaurant.  6 nights used to be the change point.

• Like 1

I'm on a seven night sailing soon as was able to book restaurants more than once.  If you used a travel advisor, they can sometimes get into the system and make the resevrations for you. Ask them to do this for you.

I say "sometimes" because nothing seems permant with Virgin's tech 🙂 But I love them anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gretchendz said:

I'm on a seven night sailing soon as was able to book restaurants more than once.  If you used a travel advisor, they can sometimes get into the system and make the resevrations for you. Ask them to do this for you.

I say "sometimes" because nothing seems permant with Virgin's tech 🙂 But I love them anyway.

Our reservations window opens up soon for the PR to miami cruise in march.  Just trying to plan which restaurants we want to duplicate now.  Thanks for the info from everyone 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jon81uk said:

When I booked them last month (via the App), it told me what the policy was, but it wouldn't let me book dinner at the same venue more than once, even though our cruise duration meant that I should've been able to. As a steak and chips kinda guy, I wanted to book The Wake, Pink Agave and Extra Virgin a second time each. In the end I booked Razzle Dazzle for night four, and figured we'd just wing it for nights five and six. (I have no interest in The Test Kitchen or Gunbae.)

Notably, I can't find any mention of the policy in the App now, in relation to the cruise duration.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 2:29 PM, herdfans4 said:

will we be able to make duplicate bookings in the same restaurant ahead of time and if so how many times can you book the same restaurant ahead of the cruise?

The short answer is 'Yes you should." The long answer is reach out to your TA and have them attempt to book the restaurants for you with the extra bookings. If that doesn't work, they can reach to Sailor Support services so you don't have to. 

• Like 2