School Holiday dates

cmvikinger

Hi everyone,

Currently living outside the UK, but considering cruises from the UK, with P&O (or others). 

Very flexible on dates, and haven't started looking much at itineraries or whats on offer, but one thing I would like to do for various reasons is avoid school holidays. Just wondering if anyone knows of a site or forum that aggregates when various schools are off so that I can try to plan around them?

I’m not aware of any single site or forum, but school holidays tend to be consistent across areas. So the Suffolk schools will tend to be much the same, but might differ from, say, Yorkshire. The variation probably won’t be more than a few days though. Scotland is likely to be quite different from England, though, particularly in the summer.

Local authority websites usually carry school dates, but so many schools are now academies that these can only be a guide.

• Like 1

Many schools have complete autonomy on holiday dates so avoiding them completely isn't easy.  Private schools have far more holiday.

July and August are always out, Scotland finish late June. September and early October are probably quiet, mid November to early December and Jan-March if Easter is in April probably aren't months when families go cruising.

Of course the alternative is to choose an adult only ship or cruises less popular with families.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2024 at 11:35 AM, cmvikinger said:

Hi everyone,

Currently living outside the UK, but considering cruises from the UK, with P&O (or others). 

Very flexible on dates, and haven't started looking much at itineraries or whats on offer, but one thing I would like to do for various reasons is avoid school holidays. Just wondering if anyone knows of a site or forum that aggregates when various schools are off so that I can try to plan around them?

There is a site www.icelolly.com/school-holiday-dates They have a general guide as to when they are but they vary a bit school to school not radically.  There is a Government site for this but you need to put in a post code and schools in that area are listed.  The ice lolly one should be a good guide and if you want to be super safe don't cruise the week before or after a quoted holiday period.

Regards John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1