Any idea when Princess will return to Maui?

DougH

Anyone know when Princess may start to stop in Maui again? My cruise was originally scheduled there but was changed to 2 days in Honolulu. Have a friend on Maui I would love to visit for the day

As discussed just down the board, with Lahaina not available,  the only port is Kahalui.  Kahalui is a small port...only one dock, and the only cargo port for Maui. Pride of America takes the only dock 2 days a week. That leaves all the other cruise lines to fight over 5 days a week, and against the cargo needs of the island.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DougH said:

My cruise was originally scheduled there but was changed to 2 days in Honolulu. Have a friend on Maui I would love to visit for the day

If you have an overnight with 2 days in Honolulu you could easily fly back and forth to Maui for the first day to visit your friend. Flights are about 20 minutes, fairly inexpensive, and plenty of them. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 7:19 PM, DougH said:

Anyone know when Princess may start to stop in Maui again? My cruise was originally scheduled there but was changed to 2 days in Honolulu. Have a friend on Maui I would love to visit for the day

To be honest, I am not sure why Princess isn't sailing there on select cruises. Our '21 and '22 Hawaii cruises docked at Kahului while the dock in Lahaina was being upgraded. But it seems as if it may not happen in 2024.

Edited by scottca075