New Wheel of Fortune game in theater?!

We liked the included Broadway shows a lot better. Kinda reminds us of Carnival...Hasbro the game show, Family Feud, etc. Carnival was free to play. My understanding is that you pay to play on NCL.

50 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

My understanding is that you pay to play on NCL.

you do pay to play... if you want to participate, even as an audience member. if you want to be eligible to win prizes as an audience member, there is indeed a fee. but you can be a spectator and just watch the show for free.

more troubling than the fee - to me - is that audience participation is via your cell phone and it requires use of NCL's wonky internet. that's just a bad idea, even if the ship has starlink.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, UKstages said:

more troubling than the fee - to me - is that audience participation is via your cell phone and it requires use of NCL's wonky internet. that's just a bad idea, even if the ship has starlink.

Oh geez didn't realize wonky internet usage was also required. Does it use up your limited minutes, too? Or do you just have to connect to the ships network?

ship's network. no minutes required.

i'm familiar with the tech from having used something similar in business presentations/trainings, but i am unfamiliar with this specific system. i am basing all my knowledge here on the press release and on a couple of internet reviews i've read.

• Thanks 1

Haven't been on a ship with Wheel of Fortune but both Price is Right on the Prima and Press Your Luck on the Viva were free to play for the audience. And no cell phone or internet usage necessary. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UKstages said:

when i was on the escape a few months ago, wheel of fortune was canceled due to the internet connectivity issues 

24 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Monetizing what should be free entertainment, if you call game show watching "entertainment"...

Hard pass.

Exactly.  It reminds me of Carnival's habit of getting the passengers to entertain each other so the cruise line doesn't have to spend money on professional entertainers.  Hope it's not a trend because we have leaned into NCL for their entertainment and FAS in the past.

• Like 1

Me, thinking, NCL corporate better come up with a new twist to explain what they meant.  I mean, recognize that things happen for better and for the worst, but somehow, I do not buy this BS of dropping near/B'dway style major production shows to fees-to-play game/alike shows  - with quotes like " the world's best creative talents both inside and outside the theatrical realm and exploring new innovative and exciting entertainment for our guests. "

We all can and should agree to disagree on the current entertainment "changes". I consider them cutback, negative and reductions in the overall onboard experience, especially when you are on a longer cruise / itinerary with port days.  Sadly, it is what it is and don't need anyone to tell us what not to do and go elsewhere, planning to doing exactly that ahead since we have the flexibility and plenty of options.  If you are on a 3, 4 or 5 days cruise, or even 7 days cruise with multiple ports of calls (subject to the now infamous "optimized" last minute changes that's clearly not weather-related) then the near absence of production shows & non-gaming entertainment, perhaps not a deal breaker ... coupled with free in-cabin PPV movies.  

To which her/his own.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3