A Virgin virgin just off the Scarlet Lady (a review)

444cruiser

I've been on all 3 of the previous TAs and booked dining in advance. Shows were generally 8 and 10.  We booked dinners for 6ish the first time and found that really didn't work with our biological clocks. After that, we went for 7:30-8.  However, we found it very easy to move reservations--to change restaurants, times, or whatever.  If the app didn't show what we wanted, we'd go to the restaurant about 6 and ask if they could work us in at about whatever time we wanted; it always worked.  As 444 above noted, many people book in advance and are moving things around on the TAs. Also, many of the shows are repeated during the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your review. And I really appreciate your paragraph about solos. I can't wait to do a Virgin cruise and I'll most likely be traveling solo. It sounds like it will be pretty easy to meet other solos on these ships.

On 1/28/2024 at 8:43 AM, 444cruiser said:

I would book in the 6;00 range or just chance a walk-in time.  Based on how many of my own reservations I gave up, I'm assuming many open up.  Unfortunately, even though I booked as soon as the reservations opened up, I could only get timeslots in the 8:30-9 range.

We had the repositioning cruise from Singapore to Sydney and we booked most dinners for 6 and it worked out pretty well.  Generally the "main shows" had two showings, so you could possibly see the early one after dinner, but worst case you see the later one.  They also tended to have at least one show with the guest comedians or magicians on an afternoon at sea, so you can shoot for one of those showings rather than an evening one.  There is the caveat, though, where their scheduled showings could change.  There was one guy we were planning to see one afternoon, but his showing on that afternoon got cancelled.

On 2/8/2024 at 2:30 AM, watson61 said:

Thanks so much for your review. And I really appreciate your paragraph about solos. I can't wait to do a Virgin cruise and I'll most likely be traveling solo. It sounds like it will be pretty easy to meet other solos on these ships.

Yes easy to meet other solos.  On my cruise, they had a meeting of all solos outside on deck.  A short session of what kind of person you were, eg dog or cat, was followed by drinks for a couple of hours.  The first night, all solos were invited to sit at the one big table.  There were a couple of solo gatherings over the eleven day cruise.