The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday, January 16th, 2024

kazu

21 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good still snowing afternoon. I need to ask for prayers for a friend Steve. He fell getting out of his truck this morning and was unable to walk. He had to crawl in the snow to get to his place. Nothing was broken but he did tear something and will be in a brace for 3 months and therapy for 6 months.🙏

Prayers lifted up for Steve. 🙏 

• Like 5

Regarding Apple Watch-  

Apple hired several technical staff engineers from the company that developed the technology to improve/ “create” their product. It’s IP infringement and involved parties admit to using their knowledge.

Masimo isn’t “some little company”- they developed and continue to provide state of the art pulse ox technology. Look for the little red check on the sensor next time you go to the doctor.

This is Joe, one of the owners of Masimo. He and some engineer friends developed the pulse ox and founded the company.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Regarding Apple Watch-  

Apple hired several technical staff engineers from the company that developed the technology to improve/ “create” their product. It’s IP infringement and involved parties admit to using their knowledge.

Masimo isn’t “some little company”- they developed and continue to provide state of the art pulse ox technology. Look for the little red check on the sensor next time you go to the doctor.

This is Joe, one of the owners of Masimo. He and some engineer friends developed the pulse ox and founded the company.

A pulse ox that works for people with asthma or COPD so easily is terrific.  A great invention. I never thought I could use a watch device but I may start scouting one.  Mine was 94 when I went to medical Sunday and I had to walk the length of the ship as a sick puppy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

A pulse ox that works for people with asthma or COPD so easily is terrific.  A great invention. I never thought I could use a watch device but I may start scouting one.  Mine was 94 when I went to medical Sunday and I had to walk the length of the ship as a sick puppy.

Here’s a link to one that Masimo offers - and it IS a true medical device. THEIR invention, their technology and not another company ripping IP off.

https://www.masimo.com/products/monitors/masimo-w1-medical-watch/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1