At this point, what's a reasonable rate? Icon

With the crazy high prices of Icon, which people continue to pay, at this point, what's a reasonable rate for a oceanview balcony that if you come across it, you have to consider it? Specifically 2024 dates. I came across a group rate for an oceanview balcony of $1329 per person with a $350 onboard credit that has me very tempted since rates are so high and not seeing them drop anytime in the near future. 

Is that rate a pretty solid deal at this point? 

5 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

With the crazy high prices of Icon, which people continue to pay, at this point, what's a reasonable rate for a oceanview balcony that if you come across it, you have to consider it? Specifically 2024 dates. I came across a group rate for an oceanview balcony of $1329 per person with a $350 onboard credit that has me very tempted since rates are so high and not seeing them drop anytime in the near future. 

You will never see group rates that low again unless there is another global pandemic..

Those low group rates are for sailings through April of 2025 and were set in November of 2022 when the cruise line was still sailing at less than 100% capacity.  The new croup rates set this year for sailings after April 2025 are double or more.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

That's something you can actually book today?

Going rates are more than double that. 

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will never see group rates that low again unless there is another global pandemic..

Those low group rates are for sailings through April of 2025 and were set in November of 2022 when the cruise line was still sailing at less than 100% capacity.  The new croup rates set this year for sailings after April 2025 are double or more.

You sold me on it lol. I completely forgot about the group rates being set back then. $2900 roughly out the door for an oceanview balcony with $350 obc when the same room is going for almost $8,000 direct with Royal. Insane. 

4 minutes ago, Twenty2020 said:

That's something you can actually book today?

Going rates are more than double that. 

I know right? I just happened to think about looking at some group rates from an old TA I used years ago and was shocked. 

3 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I know right? I just happened to think about looking at some group rates from an old TA I used years ago and was shocked. 

I checked mine and while it shows those rates on the initial search, when I go to book it defaults back to current rates. Maybe something off with my site. 

11 minutes ago, Twenty2020 said:

I checked mine and while it shows those rates on the initial search, when I go to book it defaults back to current rates. Maybe something off with my site. 

Was definitely surprised when I got the confirmation invoice! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

You sold me on it lol. I completely forgot about the group rates being set back then. $2900 roughly out the door for an oceanview balcony with $350 obc when the same room is going for almost $8,000 direct with Royal. Insane. 

I'd book that in a heartbeat!  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Was definitely surprised when I got the confirmation invoice! 

Yep. I actually am seeing some of those as well still available into spring of 2025. Great score.