Onboard luggage storage

e&mcruise

Hi all, 

Sailing on QE in a Q4 soon and wanted to ask experienced Cunarders, is it possible to ask the butler to store empty cases or do they need to be kept in the cabin?

Thanks in advance.

42 minutes ago, e&mcruise said:

Hi all, 

Sailing on QE in a Q4 soon and wanted to ask experienced Cunarders, is it possible to ask the butler to store empty cases or do they need to be kept in the cabin?

Thanks in advance.

Will they not go under the bed?

3 hours ago, david63 said:

Will they not go under the bed?

Don't know, hence the question. Have not cruised with Cunard before but have always got butler to store bags for us out of our cabin on other lines so wanted to know if Cunard will do the same.

Plenty of room under the bed We have 2 very large cases and no problem Put the first one under at the side of the bed away from the wall at the top half of the bed. Push as far as you can then put second one under. ( can be. Difficult putting case under at wall side as not a lot of room). There is also a pull out drawer underneath the end of the bed which can fit carry on bags. Hope this helps

2 hours ago, daisybel said:

Plenty of room under the bed We have 2 very large cases and no problem Put the first one under at the side of the bed away from the wall at the top half of the bed. Push as far as you can then put second one under. ( can be. Difficult putting case under at wall side as not a lot of room). There is also a pull out drawer underneath the end of the bed which can fit carry on bags. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info but prefer to get the bags out of the cabin. Anyone done this in the past on Cunard?

8 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I prefer to keep my cases with me as I store things in them I no longer need or had bought just in case. I find them fine under the bed or in the wardrobes. 

A Q4 also has the dressing table/extra desk unit by the bathroom door and the knee hole makes a great place to store the extra bags which won't fit under the bed [I know, bed storage has been discounted].

We've never had to have bags stored for us, but then three big cases, some [airline] cabin bags and other hand luggage is the max we've taken, even on a seven weeker!

Smaller bags/cases can be packed in the larger cases. With Cunard it is generally expected that for an average cruise duration, you store luggage in your room, which under the bed is totally out of sight. I am sure if mobility is an issue the steward would help you.

We often have a Q4 and cannot recall ever seeing luggage being removed for storage. If you are on a world cruise it might be different, but we have not done that.

3 hours ago, e&mcruise said:

Thanks for the info but prefer to get the bags out of the cabin. Anyone done this in the past on Cunard?

Would you tell us why?  Genuinely interested as I can't think of a reason.

There are two under the bed in this photo. An identically sized blue behind the red. These are 66cm high medium cases. I think we could have got 10 of them under the beds. Six one side and four the other, due to the box of spare linen the stewardess had at other side. Next time we're taking a 78cm with the red 66cm. They will then nest and if a variety of sizes were taken you could probably get fourteen or more under the beds..

2022-06-0717-32-03193.thumb.jpg.0322c07567b17039ea56d60ef188e919.jpg

11 minutes ago, D&N said:

Would you tell us why?  Genuinely interested as I can't think of a reason.

After kicking our toes on hard cases multiple times under the bed on one particular cruise our butler was horrified we hadn't requested they be stored. He said they would take them to storage for us and return the day before disembarking. No more painful tootsies!

3 minutes ago, e&mcruise said:

After kicking our toes on hard cases multiple times under the bed on one particular cruise our butler was horrified we hadn't requested they be stored. He said they would take them to storage for us and return the day before disembarking. No more painful tootsies!

Thanks. Would never have thought of it.

We have hydraulic strut storage beds I designed and built myself. They are wood almost to the floor as fabrics would encourage cats to scratch. We just don't let our toes face towards the bed.

• Thanks 1

I just make sure I push them well under so no danger of catching them,  unless you are on a very long cruise and have lots of luggage as others have said there is plenty of room. I always have single beds and have no problems even with the tub underneath one of the beds where the Steward stores the double duvet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Although I regularly stub my toes on the bed’s legs or sofa feet, I have never done that on cases. I think there is more than enough room to push them far enough under to be out of the way. Though nothing beats the agony incurred when, newly released from quarantine, I was joyfully skipping across the central lobby and somehow managed to stub several toes on my left foot on the (highly visible) expansion joint. Ugh.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 1