Diamond Princess Japan

NMTraveller

17 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Is this a good cruise to book?  How is it different from other cruises?

It has been a while since I have sailed on Princess.  How has Princess changed in the last 3 or so years?

We know nothing about you or your interests. Cruises are personal.  What may be one person's cup of tea may not appeal to another. 

As I mentioned on the “other” forum, we had a great time this past July on our B2B. As far as changes go since cruising started back up, we haven’t seen much of a change. They still have funny CDs and hilarious entertainment teams that work very hard to keep you laughing, especially at the evening game shows as well as other venues they participate in! We also book cabin categories that allow us to dine in the Reserve (formerly Club Class) dining room, which for us is another huge plus for us having a great time on the cruise. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@NMTraveller, we know nothing about your likes or dislikes. Go to YouTube and you will find plenty of Vlogs /Reviews of the Diamond Princess and Japan sailings, also I believe @Ken the cruiserposted a review/live here on cruise critic recently, click on his signature for a link to his live.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

Nice clean ship...we did the 14 day Diamond from Singapore to Tokyo with 3 stops in Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taipei, and 3 ports in Japan. Had a great time!  Our mini suite had a bidet which I hated at first but when I got to USA installed one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gvre said:

Nice clean ship...we did the 14 day Diamond from Singapore to Tokyo with 3 stops in Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taipei, and 3 ports in Japan. Had a great time!  Our mini suite had a bidet which I hated at first but when I got to USA installed one.

I was looking at that itinerary also.  Just came from a Singapore to Bali cruise.  Thanks.

14 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Is this a good cruise to book?  How is it different from other cruises?

We were on a Diamond circle Japan cruise in October this past year.

It's not the cruise, because a Princess cruise is a Princess cruise. Well, announcements are made in English and Japanese and about half the food is to Asian tastes, which is good BTW.

It's Japan that is different. If you are the type to roll with things, great. I think of all countries we've visited, including several in Asia, Japan is the most unique. If I wrote all, you'd be TLDR.

Edited by mtnesterz

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

I read somewhere that the itineraries can be split up or are combinations of multiple cruises?  Is that true?

Yet when I go to the Princess site I am only seeing longer cruises ...

It all depends. It usually involves a combination of 7-day cruises, mostly oriented towards the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. In July 2022 we were on a 21-day Med cruise on the Regal that was actually made up of three 7-day cruises, which one or more of those three 7-day itineraries were found in 11 different 7 to 21 day itineraries sold as a single cruise. 

• Like 1

If you are adventurous, this is a good cruise for. you.  I wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms in the spring.  Did not disappoint.  I didn't need to see temples and shrines.  Explored each city on my own.  The Japanese are very friendly and there (literally) at every tourist corner.  You will have to do a lot of research if you do it your own.  Food is great.  Exchange rate was fantastic.  (Fresh) Sashimi at every port!

• Like 1