can NCL prima reach Isafjordur this year

Hi I was reading that all of the Prima's stops in Isafjordur had to be cancelled last year.  Does anyone know if the construction has been finished this year and the ship can reach this port now?

Edited by newcruisehi

after final payment?

that would be incredibly early for isafjordur!

typically, this port is canceled either as you board the ship or a day before the scheduled port call.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, UKstages said:

after final payment?

that would be incredibly early for isafjordur!

typically, this port is canceled either as you board the ship or a day before the scheduled port call.

Right, if going by what happened this past cruise season, that is absolutely correct. And I am sure they will sell excursions there right up until they officially cancel the port.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marys350 said:

We were on the Star in September 2023. We made it to all our ports (Isafjordur included) but the port call didn't show up on the Isafjordur port schedule, so our independent tour didn't want to commit until that had been resolved. Fortunately, we did get confirmation and were able to book the tour (with Arctic Shorex/Wild Westfjords at half the price of the NCL shore excursion). We heard that the issue with the Prima wasn't the dock construction, but something to do with the tenders on the ship. I am not sure if that's accurate or not, but we never really get a straight story from NCL.

I hope you get there. Isafjordur is a nice place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MkeCruzn said:

We were on the Star in September 2023. We made it to all our ports (Isafjordur included) but the port call didn't show up on the Isafjordur port schedule, so our independent tour didn't want to commit until that had been resolved. Fortunately, we did get confirmation and were able to book the tour (with Arctic Shorex/Wild Westfjords at half the price of the NCL shore excursion). We heard that the issue with the Prima wasn't the dock construction, but something to do with the tenders on the ship. I am not sure if that's accurate or not, but we never really get a straight story from NCL.

I hope you get there. Isafjordur is a nice place.

Prima's lifeboats are of different type to Star's and they aren't certified to tender passengers between ship and port.

We were on the Star in July 2022 and were able to anchor in the fjord and tender to Isafjordur. We'll be going back there on the Star in June this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newcruisehi said:

Thanks - if it is cancelled do they spend time at a different port in Iceland or is it an extra sea day?

We had an overnight in Akureyri. It was very nice. We got to do our originally scheduled tour and the next day checked out the botanical gardens.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

We had an overnight in Akureyri. It was very nice. We got to do our originally scheduled tour and the next day checked out the botanical gardens.

OTOH,. we on the cruise before you sailing in the other direction had a sea day.

And on our scheduled day we checked out that botanical garden, the most northern most botanical garden in the world.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 7:55 AM, ontheweb said:

Right, if going by what happened this past cruise season, that is absolutely correct. And I am sure they will sell excursions there right up until they officially cancel the port.

I actually asked the NCL excursion department on the phone if they had sold excursions for the previous cruises for Isafjordur. They could not, or more likely would not, answer the question.  

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 9:21 AM, ontheweb said:

I actually asked the NCL excursion department on the phone if they had sold excursions for the previous cruises for Isafjordur. They could not, or more likely would not, answer the question.  

For which ship? The Star or Prima?

The Star was able to anchor and tender to Isafjordur all along. It's just the Prima that has not seen Isafjordur.

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

For which ship? The Star or Prima?

The Star was able to anchor and tender to Isafjordur all along. It's just the Prima that has not seen Isafjordur.

Since we were booked on the Prima, I asked about the Prima.

• Like 1