Survey?

Redtravel

1 minute ago, Redtravel said:

It’s the last full day of my cruise. There is no mention of the survey. Do they still do it? Or do they really not care?

Yes and no. Yes, they still do it, and no, they really don't care if you complete it.

• Haha 3

I was recently on the Regatta and the cruise director kept announcing to do it but they didn't make the web address easily available. You basically had to go to the computer room to find the web address and it was only active through the end of the cruise, and the internet was terrible most of the time. Clearly they don't want people filling it out but I did!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, FeliciaLee said:

On Insignia last month, there were several announcements and even a drawing for $200 obc.

Yes, but if you win a nonrefundable, nontransferable OBC as you are disembarking, how exactly can you use it?  

• Like 1

Oceania still does the mid cruise survey(hand written) and the final survey. Yes, it is online but on our ship the CD kept announcing you could get help to complete it online.

Yes, the ship crew reads the surveys. I know because we had 2 examples of the crew responding to our comments. Plus, the final survey is advertised as having the chance to win $100 SBC if  the comments were submitted by a certain date. Well, lo and behold, at breakfast my name was announced! I went to reception and was advised that it was not transferable to my next cruise. I only had $8.75 on my bill. Once we were at home, I contacted our TA who communicated with Oceania and a week or two later we had our credit on our next cruise!

• Like 1

never got any info about the end of cruise survey. Looked on tv, read Currents and all disembarkation literature, bags packed, and we disembark this morning.  NOTHING!
if they really cared, they should’ve let guests know where to find it.

If they told guests the online address form at a special event, they really don’t care about people like me who just relax onboard.  

I think that you have some issues or concerns about your cruise you can write a note and leave it at reception for the general manager. I'm not disputing your comments but I have never have been on a cruise without any kind of feedback request. Our last O cruise was from Dec 5 to Dec. 17th.

19 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Yes, but if you win a nonrefundable, nontransferable OBC as you are disembarking, how exactly can you use it?  

As I trust you already know: It’s applied to any remaining balance on your account.

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

We were on the same cruise as @FeliciaLee, so heard the same frequent messages about the end-of-cruise electronic survey, with many options for how to get assistance if it was difficult for any passenger to access.  It was quite easy actually - easier than using CruiseCritic 😉 

We had a manager call us in response to a comment we made on the paper-based surveys, and several crew were tickled pink with the comments we had made about them.

I did hear a comment that the electronic survey was not already implemented on all of the ships, or that it was difficult to implement onboard for the IT folk, I didn't pay much attention at the time...but I would be careful not to jump to the conclusion that the lack of availability of the electronic survey meant that they don't really care.

On eleven cruises, we have always been provided with the paper feedback surveys, but not always had the offer of the electronic surveys.

Cheers from Greg of the WildWanderers

• Like 2

On 1/19/2024 at 5:27 AM, Redtravel said:

never got any info about the end of cruise survey. Looked on tv, read Currents and all disembarkation literature, bags packed, and we disembark this morning.  NOTHING!
if they really cared, they should’ve let guests know where to find it.

If they told guests the online address form at a special event, they really don’t care about people like me who just relax onboard.  

I was on the same Vista sailing as you that disembarked yesterday.

I asked at the reception desk for an end-of-cruise survey at about 8 PM on the last night and was told to go to the Oceania site before the end of the night to complete it. There was nothing there to link me to a survey!

I brought home all of the Currents and looked today for mention of how to complete a survey, but there was none. 

It appears they aren't interested in what guests have to say about the trip. 

I didn't get a chance to praise some crew members for their excellent work.

I did submit the handwritten mid-cruise comment card with my thoughts on the terrible seating in the Vista Lounge but the General Manager's office didn't have the courtesy to reach out to me and there were plenty of days after to do so. 

The ship is beautiful, and the food and service are excellent, I just wish they would have given the opportunity to express it to them after the voyage.

27 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Was it a line of sight problem or a seat design problem ?

A few things. 
The slope of the rows from front to back was not enough and the way the seats are staggered row to row caused severe blocking from many of the seats. For the first production show I was sitting in the center section there quarters of the way back and could not see what the performers were doing as there were several audience members heads in front of us. We actually got up and left after 15 minutes because it was so frustrating to see the show. Also, the stage is barely a foot off the floor which doesn't help the sight lines. I understand the low height of the room's ceiling but they could have configured the seats better. If sitting in one of the side sections, those seats face each other, not the performers space. I had a crick in my neck after sitting on the right side for one show. In order to get a good seat, in the first couple of rows, you have to get there 45 minutes before the show starts!

The talented performers deserve a better space as well as the guests. 

• Thanks 1

Do they really care?   Oceania has a good product.However, they don’t listen to guests. This was my 3rd O cruise since pandemic.  On previous 2 cruises, I made the same comment.  Put signs in front of dessert items at the buffet. It would make selections easier.  Each person asks the server what each item is.  It’s crazy. I guess Oceania is take it or leave it.  Had a nice cruise. However, there are issues that could be solved if they only listen.  I will post a review when I unpack. Bags are still in my foyer.

1 hour ago, Dinah1230 said:

On Marina in December we got a notice about the mid cruise survey but nothing about the end of cruise. Is there anyway I can submit a survey/letter now?

You can write a letter to the appropriate exec: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate

I don't know if it will get counted with the survey beans, but it's a method of feedback.

• Thanks 1