The Roman Guy Tours - Venice

Korimako

Has anyone done this? I'm in Venice for 3 nights in June and not sure whether I need an organised tour or if it would be better to just wander on my own.

Any advice gratefully received!
TIA

On 1/19/2024 at 10:07 PM, Korimako said:

not sure whether I need an organised tour or if it would be better to just wander on my own.

Venice is really quite compact and it doesn't take long to travel from one side to another, although most of the joy of sightseeing in Venice is wandering around exploring all the little squares and tiny side streets.  Expect to get briefly  lost at some point, I think most do, but it wouldn't take more than maybe 5 minutes to get back on track and you may have found something intertesting/attractive along the way.

If you have access to some information before you leave home, take it with you, or perhaps access it using your phone.  We have walked and explored all of the sestieri on various visits without the need for any guided tour.  Instead we search online for something like "self guided walking tours of Venice""  (or the name of a specific sestieri although on a first visit you wouln't need such specifics) There is also gypsmycity. and the usual Tripadvisor, Youtube, guidebooks (maybe borrow from a library or buy just one?) and others.

And an excellent resorce for Venice info  is the much  recommended. website Venice for Visitors and this site should be the first site you look at.  The more you look into it the more info you will find as it will not only answer any questions you have, it will also answer  those you didn't even know you had.😀

Edited by edinburgher

Hello Edinburgher,

I'm back again!

I have googled 'Venice for Visitors' but nothing matching that came up. There were various sponsored, similar sounding sites, but it would be a great help to me if you could tell me which is the official one. I would also like to buy tickets for the Vivaldi concert at the Chiesa Santa Maria della Pietà but I also get conflicting results there too.

Thank you from a fellow countrywoman!

2 hours ago, Korimako said:

Hello Edinburgher,

I'm back again!

I have googled 'Venice for Visitors' but nothing matching that came up. There were various sponsored, similar sounding sites, but it would be a great help to me if you could tell me which is the official one. I would also like to buy tickets for the Vivaldi concert at the Chiesa Santa Maria della Pietà but I also get conflicting results there too.

Thank you from a fellow countrywoman!

Not edinburgher but allow me to share the link to this very helpful resource:  https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Not edinburgher but allow me to share the link to this very helpful resource:  https://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

Thank you so much. I've seen many of your posts on the Italy forum and know that anything you recommend is bound to be worth investigating..

Grazie mille

(I'm trying to learn some Italian before I go!)

K

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Korimako said:

have googled 'Venice for Visitors' but nothing matching that came up.

found this 5 minutes ago and was about to give you this link to a past thread, but have been beaten to it. Read post #9.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2984055-venice-hotel-recommendations/#comment-66747779

Korimako, unless you "quote" a member in a post, that member has no way of knowing you are adding a post with a question for him/her specifically and it would only be happenchance that the member revisited your thread and saw it there.

As an example,"quoting " you at the start of this post means you will be alerted to it.

7 hours ago, edinburgher said:

found this 5 minutes ago and was about to give you this link to a past thread, but have been beaten to it. Read post #9.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2984055-venice-hotel-recommendations/#comment-66747779

Korimako, unless you "quote" a member in a post, that member has no way of knowing you are adding a post with a question for him/her specifically and it would only be happenchance that the member revisited your thread and saw it there.

As an example,"quoting " you at the start of this post means you will be alerted to it.

Thank you 🙂

• Like 1