NCL Rum

roger001

Ahhh,

The great Captain Morgan rum shortage of '22.

I remember it well.

Coming out of COVID shut down, many of the ships were still using old supplies of hard alcohol.  Since the sailings were less than 50% full (we did 2 is 10 weeks when we realized this) The amount of offerings varied by ship.  It seems some of the supply contracts in various ports may have expired, or were being re-negotiated, so somethings went low.  Captain Morgan, being popular, was one of them.

That is all gone now.  The Captain is on every ship is seems.  (our experience - 4 cruises, this year) If not, we would be seeing threads complaining about it being missing.

1 hour ago, Married90 said:

Well per the drink package of what is covered for regular and premium rums.

image.thumb.png.c83500878fdcdbcd712d273489b07c62.png

It’s covered but only real life reports can tell us if it’s actually stocked. And it can vary by ship and where they get supplied. 
  But, stocks seem to be improving from what they were a year or so ago. 

On 1/20/2024 at 8:16 AM, roger001 said:

Is it true that NCL no longer stocks Capt. Morgan Spiced Rum on their ships????

I am a captain drinker - was very disappointed that I spent 14 days on the Joy having to choke down Bacardi Spiced - luckily a kind bartender found a few bottles of Kraken and stored them for me under the bar.  

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 9:06 AM, brad0576 said:

I am a captain drinker - was very disappointed that I spent 14 days on the Joy having to choke down Bacardi Spiced - luckily a kind bartender found a few bottles of Kraken and stored them for me under the bar.  

On the Sky last month they didn't have Kraken.  Told me Captain was the only spiced I could get.  Ten days of disappointment!

On 1/20/2024 at 10:11 AM, KSSS2013 said:

It’s covered but only real life reports can tell us if it’s actually stocked. And it can vary by ship and where they get supplied. 
  But, stocks seem to be improving from what they were a year or so ago. 

On Joy in March 2023 and Pr1ma in December 2023, the Captain was flowing aplenty. I was one of the whiny Cruise Criticers in 2022 crying about the lack of my dear ole Captain...but the Captain's aback! 

20 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

On Joy in March 2023 and Pr1ma in December 2023, the Captain was flowing aplenty. I was one of the whiny Cruise Criticers in 2022 crying about the lack of my dear ole Captain...but the Captain's aback! 

image.png.b480ac8c697b386796828f059a641f07.png

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...