Ship Time vs. Port Time on ABC

Hydro ergo

Hi All,

I'm posting this here because it seems like all cruise lines handle ship time vs. port time differently, so I'm looking for an answer specifically for Celebrity.  I'm sailing the ABC itinerary in March and just realized that if we are staying on ship's time, my land reservations (rental cars, dinner, etc) are going to be an hour off from what I had originally expected.  (it's the first week in March, before the east coast will switch for daylight savings)  

I'm not concerned about the car rental places giving our car away as they tend to "follow the ship" but I want to make sure that we have the car as late as I would like in the evenings (we have late port days) and that we don't have conflicts with getting the cars back at the same time as our land dinner reservations.

Thank you!

We’ve been to the ABC islands three times with Celebrity and each time the ship’s time was adjusted to match their time. 

I agree with the previous post that Celebrity generally aligns the ship time with the port’s local time.  

The only cruise where I have seen a Celebrity ship’s clock not observe the port’s local time zone was during our recent Galapagos cruise. During our seven night cruise, the ship’s clock was aligned with Quito’s time zone (Ecuador’s capital city located on the mainland) which was an hour ahead of the Galápagos Islands. You had to remember to re-set your watch to local Galapagos time when you were at the airport that serves the islands. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hydro ergo said:

Hi All,

I'm posting this here because it seems like all cruise lines handle ship time vs. port time differently, so I'm looking for an answer specifically for Celebrity.  I'm sailing the ABC itinerary in March and just realized that if we are staying on ship's time, my land reservations (rental cars, dinner, etc) are going to be an hour off from what I had originally expected.  (it's the first week in March, before the east coast will switch for daylight savings)  

ship time will be the same as port time on this itinerary

29 minutes ago, Hydro ergo said:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hydro ergo said:

I'm posting this here because it seems like all cruise lines handle ship time vs. port time differently, so I'm looking for an answer specifically for Celebrity. 

Best to double-check the Daily Program as well as the replies attached.

You don't want to " Star " in a Pier Runner video.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Best to double-check the Daily Program as well as the replies attached.

You don't want to " Star " in a Pier Runner video.

oh, of course!  I'm certainly going to check day of and make sure to be back at the ship on time.  I'm OBSESSIVE about that.  This was more for the pre-planning stuff and hoping that I'm not scheduling everything an hour "too early". 

• Like 2

Good to know. I've been wondering about this too as I have a car rental and sunset dinner reservations in Aruba and a golf cart rental in Bonaire. Thank you all for your comments.

Now, if only I can get a definitive answer about sand fleas at dusk on Eagle Beach.

40 minutes ago, T.O.cruisers said:

on Eagle Beach.

That reminds me----

A few years ago I found a gold wedding band ( no diamonds !! ) in the sand--- no one around--- into my pocket. Back on the ship I showed it to a Jeweler --- 

" That's gotta be worth over $2000 just for the weight of the gold "

Back home--- went to sell it for the gold value---- The Jeweler did the magnet test, handed it back in less that 1 minute----- " I wouldn't give you $10 -- it's not gold ".

LOL-- I guess you get what you pay for--- Unless there are no , etc, etc on the buffet and you " report " it on CC instead of with the proper " Authorities " ( the STAFF on board ).

1 hour ago, T.O.cruisers said:

Now, if only I can get a definitive answer about sand fleas at dusk on Eagle Beach.

I think they go by port time as well, so you shouldn’t miss it.