Kennedy Space Center: Enough time when on Symphony?

Does Symphony leaving from Bayonne offer a shore excursion to Kennedy Space Center?  Is there enough time?  When searching online, there was 1 listed that said 6 hours but Symphony shows in port 1 pm - 8 pm (which means back onboard by 7:30 pm).  Thoughts on this please?  TYIA

I know when I sailed on Adventure out of Bayonne a few years ago, we had an excursion to KSC. If I recall, KSC closes at 6, so plenty of time.

Just eat before you go. The food prices there gave Disney a run for the money.

My family did it this past May on the Oasis.. Your actual time in the KSC is only 4 hours. Only you can decide if it's worth it or not. And that's only if you arrive in port at 1 PM. What if the ship arrives later, say at 2 PM. Then you'll only have 3 hours. 

If you plan on being there until it closes, I would somewhat suggest the RCI excursion.  A few years ago, we did it on our own, left about when it closed on a Lyft, and thanks to some transporting of rocket parts, we were pretty late getting back to the ship.  Not as late as the bus from Disney, but later than we were comfortable doing.

We did it back in 2018 sailing on Adventure. It was great, but felt more than a bit rushed. The guide we had seemed determined to cram a full day worth of activities into the 4 or 5 hour timeframe we had. We still managed to enjoy ourselves, just beware if you get a guide calling herself "mommy". Lol

My DH and I sailed out of PC last year specifically so he could do the Kennedy Space Center, we arrived at 9am when it opened and were there until 4, it is an amazing day. Only you can decide if it's worth the cost for a few hours but you definitely won't see everything. I went only because my husband wanted to do it, but I loved everything it was a great day.

Originally we were supposed to do it as an excursion of off Oasis, but the time of arrival in PC changed, so if you decide to book it keep an eye on your arrival  time in PC.

Edited by cruise1957

4 hours ago, cruz_happy said:

Does Symphony leaving from Bayonne offer a shore excursion to Kennedy Space Center?  Is there enough time?  When searching online, there was 1 listed that said 6 hours but Symphony shows in port 1 pm - 8 pm (which means back onboard by 7:30 pm).  Thoughts on this please?  TYIA

It really depends on how interested in the space program you are.  Some (including me) could easily spend all day there, and 4 hours or so wouldn't be nearly enough.  Others, less so.

Edited by time4u2go

A shore excursion is a good intro, but there is no way you'll be able to see everything.  Consider it as a light appetizer rather than a main meal.  

We spent 2 full days there and still didn't see everything.

If you decide that you want to see more after your shore excursion, just book yourself another cruise sailing out of Port Canaveral and fly in a few days early for a longer visit (if you can).  

But I do recommend it.  Fantastic place to visit and great for all ages.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mets123 said:

The ship doesn't dock until 1-2 pm. That's the issue, not enough time.

That's the point.  If the ship is not offering an excursion, then it's not possible.  It's a reasonably long drive to the space center.

51 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

That's the point.  If the ship is not offering an excursion, then it's not possible.  It's a reasonably long drive to the space center.

Since when is 30-40 reasonably long?

6 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Since when is 30-40 reasonably long?

Probably a poor choice of words.

Getting transportation and driving round trip will probably cost you 2 hours total. I'm just trying to discourage a roll-your-own.