Sapphire Princess dining room questions

masonchar

There seems to be a lot of dining rooms on the Sapphire Princess.  I am assuming that the dining rooms with no additional fees are the International Dining Room, the Pacific Moon DR, the Vivaldi DR, the Savoy DR and the Santa Fe DR.   Is this correct?  Are all dining rooms similar? Are the menus the same in all of them?

Thanks in advance for any information.

The menus are the same in all of them. There's no additional charge, except for some items you'll see on the menu that do have additional charge. I'd recommend any of the midships MDRs, and I'd pass on the International. The waiting area for that one gets pretty crowded and zoo-like for my taste. At least that's been my experience.

1 minute ago, masonchar said:

Thank you Sea Hag!

I noticed in my medallion app that I can make reservations.  Does that work pretty well?  Are they on time?

It works fine as far as getting seated for dinner based on your reservation time - eventually. We like to eat early, and on one of our cruises since the restart it seemed like everybody on the ship had the same reservation time. That caused a long line, which really only used to happen on the first night out when people didn't know where their table was. As it is now, the line seems to be every night. Even when we requested, and were given, the same table, same time, every night we still had to stand in that line to get in. This was over a year ago, so maybe they have things sorted out better by now. Our reservations/same table were in the aft dining room on the Ruby, and even after we got the same table assignment, that limited waiting area was hard to deal with. With the midships MDRs, at least the line can extend down the deck, rather than snaking back and forth as it did for the aft MDR on the Ruby. I'd say go ahead and make your reservations now. If you're not happy, you can change things up on the ship. We stuck it out in the aft MDR since we really liked the table.

• Like 1

I agree with @Sea Hag . We like the midship ones also,

They are a little different in decor, but same menu.  Because they are smaller, they seem more cozy and very well run.

We liked the Savoy MDR mid ship 5.  Especially, the hostess, Sharon.  She was so efficient.

The aft, International MDR, was open breakfast and lunch on sea days, so we did eat there, but it was always cold in there.

Sapphire is much better now at handling restaurant reservations. We were on her last month for 47 nights.  Just tell the host/hostess if you want the same table every night, they’ll put it in the computer.  You won’t have to stand in line every night. 

There will be a line for guests with reservations and one line

For guests without reservations.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

On the Sapphire did anyone have a problem with smoke from the engines on the back of the ship pool deck?  My favorite place but someone said smoke often blew down around the pool which doesn;'t sound like fun.