Internet price increase - declining credit cards

jones721

UK issue:

After reading that internet prices are due to rise tomorrow (22nd), I have repeatedly tried to pre-purchase a package for my July Regal cruise. I have tried 4 different cards now and each one has been declined. For shoreside purchases, it is showing up as a weird company name and not Princess Cruises (including the word Gamble?) and we are gussing that this is why it is being declined. If I were able to do it on the computer, I would get an online verfication process, but can't seem to do this through the app. Has anyone else had this same issue or been able to pre-purchase internet packages though princess.com rather than through the app?

Thanks!

Thanks for the thought but Princess Southampton is closed on Sundays and live chat not available. We're on phone to different banks to see if we can get repeat requests being blocked but the problem seems to be because it's on the app as payment not being declined by them and not getting as far as them. So it looks like it is an app fault.

Going into old app and adding a new credit card, it states MedallionPay Shoreside progam is adminitered by Radiqal Gaming, LLC!! On new app, it states, Carnival Corporation. Weird!

But I am guessing it is the app not working (old app and new one) as payment request is not getting as far as bank.

Ok there was a discussion about shoreside. We left that blank- only put credit card in for on-board ship.  Shoreside is when you use your medallion to purchase items at shops in port.

I have no idea if this would be related to your issue, but my husband had problems purchasing yesterday.  I had to take him off as an authorized user on my card, and he had to enter a card under his name for it to work.  It would not let him complete the order on my card even with him as an authorized user, and he couldn't enter his card until I removed him from mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pompeii said:

I have no idea if this would be related to your issue, but my husband had problems purchasing yesterday.  I had to take him off as an authorized user on my card, and he had to enter a card under his name for it to work.  It would not let him complete the order on my card even with him as an authorized user, and he couldn't enter his card until I removed him from mine.

Possibly. My cabin mate used their own credit card, as well.

My theory (for what it's worth) is that any card you enter in the app is designed to be used in only in person on board.  When you try to use it online the system does not ask for the card verification code (cvc) and your bank( well my bank at least) will not authorise without it. 

At least in the UK-  not sure what the law is in the USA for card not present authentication.

I have managed to buy excursions etc using the website on the browser but not the app.

5 hours ago, pompeii said:

Thanks for the tip! We had the same issue with DW’s attempt to purchase a single device wifi package. We took your advice, unchecked my DW for the card I have listed for the two of us, put her card in on her account and app and voila, we completed the order and saved $10 per day compared to tomorrow’s price. 

Funny thing is, I had placed a call to Princess and was on hold for 40 minutes. While waiting for a representative I read your advice here on Cruise Critic. We followed your steps and literally 15 seconds after the purchase was confirmed I got a “hello this is ….. how may I help you?” on my cell. I politely told the rep that we had solved the issue ourselves.

She immediately asked if I was interested in upgrading to the Premium package…. I’m kidding, I hung up before they could try an upsell. 😉

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PapaGoose said:

Thanks for the tip! We had the same issue with DW’s attempt to purchase a single device wifi package. We took your advice, unchecked my DW for the card I have listed for the two of us, put her card in on her account and app and voila, we completed the order and saved $10 per day compared to tomorrow’s price. 

😉

Glad my advice helped someone. With this wonky app, any port in a storm!

• Haha 1

I have a problem with the new app when I try to purchase an internet package. It asks me to add a credit card as no credit card is registered. When I enter a credit card it says that the card is already registered. I was able to purchase a single device internet package on the old app using the credit card that was registered on that app.