PANORAMA...give me those cruise reviews to Mexican Riviera

8 hours ago, Tigger2001 said:

If the Panorama docks at 10:00AM in Cabo according to the Carnival itinerary,  is that ship time or Local time?

I'm trying to figure out if I have enough time to do a third party excursion at noon.

When are you going? I was worried about this too and then someone told me that by the time we go (end of March, beginning of april) that we will have reset our clocks for daylight savings time and the ship will be the same time as it is there by then.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone comment on the Rhythms of the Night Excursion with some details? I know a lot of people love this tour but there are a bunch of bad reviews as well. People have reported sitting in flimsy lawn chairs that have tipped over during the boat ride there, sustaining injuries. Also that the chairs for the show have no bad and are hard. How long does the show last?

Any comments on the food? (Reports that it is terrible). 

With a departure time of 3:15pm, if we did another excursion, what time would we need to be back from that? Where do they depart from? Do you have to be on the ship and walk off with them to go on this tour or do you meet outside on the dock? Does the boat pick you up directly from the port or they take you over to Vallarta Adventures dock to get on?

Do you think 2 active teenagers would enjoy this? I'm worried about spending so much money and them thinking it was boring because they are not participating in anything. 

I know that this show is put on by Vallarta Adventures but Carnival is charging $179.99/pp and VA only charges $125/pp. I assume they would not let you book on your own. But that's a heck of a price jump for Carnival compared to what they actually charge. Isn't there some type of money guarantee that Carnival does if the price is cheaper? How does that work?

I’ll be on this cruise too! We’ve done this itinerary many times (minus La Paz). I’ve read many of your reviews when your baby was a wee mermaid. 

1. I went to Rhythms of the Night a few years ago on the Panorama. It picked up us right FROM the actual ship. Like you do with a tender boat- except you get on their boat. It headed directly to the island from the ship. It dropped us off there too. It was useful since there was free alcohol. 

2. Yes. They have plastic chairs. I suppose they have the potential to be rickety like all plastic chairs. I’ve never seen anyone fall. I’ve been to the island 3 times and I’ve never seen an accident.  Yes, it could happen, but anything can happen on a moving boat. 

3. RotN is dinner and a show. My kiddo loves theater and music and all things related to performance and having a good time. The boat ride over is loud music, drinks, and great views. The island is dinner buffet style and then a short walk to the theater. The ride back in the boat is another show put on by the crew and lots of dancing. Even my shy kid was in the dance area doing the Cupid Shuffle. Do your teens like all the kinds of activities by the pool? Do they like watching acrobatic shows? If no, this might not be their jam. 

4. The food is fine. Not memorable or super amazing. But you’ll likely find a few things you like and you can fill up on that. There’s lots of choices and my ADHD kid who I feel only eats 5 things always finds something. 

5. The outdoor theater does not have chairs. If you have back problems, then, yes this can be uncomfortable. I’ve never thought of this before but yes it’s true. The show is truly spectacular and captivating. Check out YouTube- lots of people’s videos have a glimpse at the actual theater—and the boat. 

Honestly, having read about how adventurous your family is in the past— you might NOT enjoy this unless you go in with the idea that this a relaxing, fun, silly time. I love it and am sad not to do it this cruise, but I do recommend it. However, you know your family best. 

On 2/29/2024 at 4:17 AM, mitsugirly said:

I know that this show is put on by Vallarta Adventures but Carnival is charging $179.99/pp and VA only charges $125/pp. I assume they would not let you book on your own. But that's a heck of a price jump for Carnival compared to what they actually charge. Isn't there some type of money guarantee that Carnival does if the price is cheaper? How does that work?

The premium price mark up you pay to Carnival is a convenience fee and  guarantee that the ship will wait for your return after the show. I believe you can cancel and rebook if the price drops on Carnival website before sailing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 8:43 PM, mitsugirly said:

LA PAZ: do you get off the ship and have to walk down and around that road to get over to the other side to catch a taxi into the town of La Paz? How easy is it to get a taxi? How much are the cost to get into town? Is it per person? I’m thinking about booking an excursion that leaves at the marina down town in La Paz. Just trying to figure out the time frame.

I don't think anyone ever answered this question about where to go if you are catching a taxi (or specifically an Uber) when you get off the ship at the port. Can you grab an Uber right there in port and are they even allowed up in there? Or do you have to walk all the way down the road and around to the street, like by the hotel? Or is there a shuttle somewhere that take you over there? I'm confused on what to do if we are not taking the bus??

image.thumb.png.c27e1e6ef7638c71a7af3d344e0e2aa4.png

Hi Kim.  We will be on the Panorama 5/27.  From what I read it will be easier to catch an Uber if you walk to the Queen Mary or a park about 1/4 mile away.  That's what we are going to do.

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Hi Kim.  We will be on the Panorama 5/27.  From what I read it will be easier to catch an Uber if you walk to the Queen Mary or a park about 1/4 mile away.  That's what we are going to do.

You are referring to at the Long Beach cruise port. I'm talking about in La Paz at the cruise port. 😊