Is $60 US dollar too much for a transfer from EZE airport to our hotel

I have reserved a transfer through Viator for  2 people to go from EZE airport to our hotel in the Palermo  area of Buenos Aires in a couple weeks but several people on my cruise ship are saying they can get an Uber ride for $10.   Do I keep mine or cancel it and contact Uber?    Thanks for any advice.

I just googled the distance and it is 31 km, about 18 miles.  By US and European standards, $60 would be very reasonable.  But right now things are crazy in Argentina with their currency so maybe the equivalent of 10 USD in their peso would be the going rate, I just don't know.  With their hyper-inflation, prices change daily with respect to the currency of other stable countries like the US.

My understanding is that Uber is treated badly by Buenos Aires taxi companies etc and it can be difficult finding your Uber car at EZE because they don’t let them come close to the cab pick up area. Just saying…

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

Thanks.  Guess I will stick with my transfer.  I have been to airports where Uber is pushed way out.  Confusing and irritating.  Thanks again.

Maybe things have changed, but in January 2023, we used UBER from EZE to the Buenos Aires Hilton with no problem. It was approximately $10 and we had the ease of not having to have local currency. I do remember that we were told a particular door to use. It was not the main door where all the taxis were but we had no problem. The car info make and color as well as the license plate seemed easy to find - plus on the UBER app we could see him arriving since we were standing outside the door by then. 

There is also Taxi Ezeiza at the airport which is a set rate.  We've used them twice.  The exchange rate in USD is not great but at least you can use USD and there are no surprises.  It is definitely less than $60.