Room service

It’s been several years since I cruised.  What is the cost for room service?  Are there any restrictions on ordering more than once a day?  Do they still give you card to fill out and leave on door for breakfast?  Does anyone have copies of room service menus?

no limitations on ordering room service, but you'll pay for each visit. there's no charge for the food, but there is a delivery fee. $4.95 for breakfast, if memory serves and $9.95 at other times. you can fill out a card for breakfast orders and place it on the door.

• Like 1

I've been waiting for another room service thread... 

Does anyone know if the seven layer chocolate cake on the room service menu is the same as the one at Cagney's? 

It is described exactly the same and would be a deal if it was part of the room service menu. 

Cake at Cagney's is $12 and I could order 4 pieces for 9.95 plus gratuity at midnight. 

Lmao 😂 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, bkrickles1 said:

I've been waiting for another room service thread... 

Does anyone know if the seven layer chocolate cake on the room service menu is the same as the one at Cagney's? 

It is described exactly the same and would be a deal if it was part of the room service menu. 

Cake at Cagney's is $12 and I could order 4 pieces for 9.95 plus gratuity at midnight. 

Lmao 😂 

Now that is a plan I could get behind!

• Haha 1

Haha, that's why (NCL conspiracy) Cagney's do NOT like (want) to see you walk out with dessert (and other uneaten food) after your meal there ??  Especially if this is confirmed to be the same 7 layer cake. 

BTW, going by my old brain power alone as NCL never emailed our last/most recent final onboard invoice to us ... it's $4.95 plus 20% for breakfast, at least the 3 hot items are included at no extra charge. Just make sure you add juice, coffee & other items - with an itemized quantity, otherwise - if you write 1 sugar ... they will sent 1 (small) packet of sugar on the given order, LOL.  Otherwise, room service delivery is $9.95 plus 20% ... even if it is for 2 pots of coffee (free)  As usual, it is still common practice to cash tip the person delivery a little bit, $3 to $5 depending on the quantity & size of the total order, i.e. like 3 or 4 adults with a healthy appetite.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mking8288 said:

Haha, that's why (NCL conspiracy) Cagney's do NOT like (want) to see you walk out with dessert (and other uneaten food) after your meal there ??  Especially if this is confirmed to be the same 7 layer cake. 

BTW, going by my old brain power alone as NCL never emailed our last/most recent final onboard invoice to us ... it's $4.95 plus 20% for breakfast, at least the 3 hot items are included at no extra charge. Just make sure you add juice, coffee & other items - with an itemized quantity, otherwise - if you write 1 sugar ... they will sent 1 (small) packet of sugar on the given order, LOL.  Otherwise, room service delivery is $9.95 plus 20% ... even if it is for 2 pots of coffee (free)  As usual, it is still common practice to cash tip the person delivery a little bit, $3 to $5 depending on the quantity & size of the total order, i.e. like 3 or 4 adults with a healthy appetite.  

As we have some OBC to use on the Encore in a couple of weeks, I think I will try the room service seven layer cake.  I will report back. 

Yes, it is the room service charge plus 20%.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

As we have some OBC to use on the Encore in a couple of weeks, I think I will try the room service seven layer cake.  I will report back. 

Yes, it is the room service charge plus 20%.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear back. 

We have some obc for our upcoming sailing in April and we'll probably get around to ordering some room service too. 

My daughter loves the seven layer cake too from Cagney's so she's going to be interested in what you find out. Lmao 😂 

Anyway, have a great sailing! We were on Encore January 2020 and we had a great cruise! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

It’s been several years since I cruised.  What is the cost for room service?  Are there any restrictions on ordering more than once a day?  Do they still give you card to fill out and leave on door for breakfast?  Does anyone have copies of room service menus?

IMG_4881.jpeg

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4885.jpeg

IMG_4886.jpeg

IMG_4887.jpeg

IMG_4888.jpeg

IMG_4889.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mking8288 said:

The 20% IS the gratuity.  If you want to tip on top of the tip that NCL has already charged you, that's your choice.  I don't know how true the statement as usual it's common practice to tip actually is, now that the gratuity is already included.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

yes, but the charge applies regardless if you've just woken up or have been awake for several hours.

delivery fee plus 20%

but you can have just coffee and croissants... or coffee and croissants along with bacon and eggs and potatoes and cereal and a banana for the same $4.95 delivery fee.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, inar said:

So there’s a charge of $4.95 to just have coffee and croissants sent to my room when I wake up?   

Yes. If you don't want to walk 5 minutes to the buffet and get it  yourself, you can get it delivered for $4.95. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. If you don't want to walk 5 minutes to the buffet and get it  yourself, you can get it delivered for $4.95. 

Plus an additional 20%.......................

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Plus an additional 20%.......................

Plus maybe a cpl bucks for the person that does the delivery...but that's a personal choice.

• Haha 1

Never ordered room service on past cruises, but going in a suite next one. Is ordering done on the app or calling a number? I know breakfast you can hang the hanger on the door. Thanks

3 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

Plus maybe a cpl bucks for the person that does the delivery...but that's a personal choice.

Yes, and a choice I do partake in.  That is why, for me, the delivery of coffee and chocolate croissants went from $3 (what I tip) to $9.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HEATH3913 said:

Never ordered room service on past cruises, but going in a suite next one. Is ordering done on the app or calling a number? I know breakfast you can hang the hanger on the door. Thanks

If you're in a suite (not a club balcony suite), but a real suite, you can call your butler on the handy dandy weird phone they give you. Or you can talk to your butler and arrange daily, or whatever frequency you want, service. Don't call room service as they'll direct you to your butler.

You cannot order in the app.

• Like 1

i'm not sure the suites have haven-style mobile phones. my suite on the joy, didn't. (but the joy suites don't have a lot of the same privileges as other suites across the fleet. they don't have butlers, either.)

5 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

If you're in a suite (not a club balcony suite), but a real suite, you can call your butler on the handy dandy weird phone they give you. Or you can talk to your butler and arrange daily, or whatever frequency you want, service. Don't call room service as they'll direct you to your butler.

You cannot order in the app.

Yes it's a master bedroom suite. Can I only call the butler during certain hours for room service?

24 minutes ago, HEATH3913 said:

Yes it's a master bedroom suite. Can I only call the butler during certain hours for room service?

I believe the butlers are available 24/7.  After certain times, there is a overnight butler.  Just remember, you can only request items that are available.  You're not going to get Cagney room service if Cagney is closed.

Edited by RocketMan275

33 minutes ago, HEATH3913 said:

Just want to make sure you are not going to be on the Joy as the Joy has the only non-Haven suites with no butler or anything else of value (in my opinion).

54 minutes ago, HEATH3913 said:

Good points made by others.

It would be helpful to know 1) ship and 2) Haven suite or just Suite.

There are service/access differences between the two.