Confirmed: RCI developing new ship class

23 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The Virgin Lady's look a bit more like tugboats. I don't mean that as a sledge, but the prom deck looks wider and more open than the passenger decks stacked above like a turret vs the usual modern day block of flats.

How about Celebrity Edge then ?

It looks like it’s got something like Eden at the back and the bow slopes backwards.

Its also got that big window on the side like Icon , I think it’s a cafe/ bar and a solarium like Ovation.

Which class has more class? Icon is a bit closer to the camera, which will accentuate the difference. Well, sort of.

We enjoyed many cruises on Radiance, and would probably have a great time on Icon. I think I need to save for a mobility scooter though.

radiance-vs-icon-costa-maya.thumb.webp.fe282bb60e595104c03a9e69a4d067eb.webp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Which class has more class? Icon is a bit closer to the camera, which will accentuate the difference. Well, sort of.

We enjoyed many cruises on Radiance, and would probably have a great time on Icon. I think I need to save for a mobility scooter though.

We are going on Icon later this year. We usually choose a cabin close to the front of a ship as it is quieter and sometimes there's more motion which we love. On Icon we booked a cabin closer to the centre as it would probably take around 10 minutes to walk from one end to the other if we needed to go to the stern.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On Grandeur now and the captain, while speaking at the loyalty event also did confirm that we should be hearing about a whole new class very soon.  He did mention that it is not as large as the current classes being built and said it would be a little larger than the Grandeur (Vision Class).  

For what it is worth, he also mentioned dry dock for Enchantment and Vision in the coming year or so, so those ships should be staying in service for at least a couple more years (as of right now).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, colourbird said:

With recent cruise cancellations on Radiance, I'm sure they are working on plans to replace her. It will likely take several years until replacements for that class are in service. I doubt they will want to keep her going for 30 years.

After the 2025 Alaska season, Radiance and Serenade are still not deployed anywhere. Considering that most of the deployment has been released until April 2026, one has to wonder what is behind Royals thinking here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

After the 2025 Alaska season, Radiance and Serenade are still not deployed anywhere. Considering that most of the deployment has been released until April 2026, one has to wonder what is behind Royals thinking here.

There seems to be a big hole in our 25-26 season,there’s just about no southern Australian cruises. Anthem does one night in Hobart and that’s it.

I reckon we can expect Serenade doing southern Australia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

There seems to be a big hole in our 25-26 season,there’s just about no southern Australian cruises. Anthem does one night in Hobart and that’s it.

I reckon we can expect Serenade doing southern Australia.

If that's true, why wouldn't they have mentioned it during last month's big publicity campaign for Voyager and Anthem? It would have made a greater impact if they had included all the ships being deployed in Australia for the season (assuming more are being deployed here).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, colourbird said:

If that's true, why wouldn't they have mentioned it during last month's big publicity campaign for Voyager and Anthem? It would have made a greater impact if they had included all the ships being deployed in Australia for the season (assuming more are being deployed here).

I don’t know

Maybe they might see what the competition is and if Voyager doesn’t sell very well in Brisbane .Swap it for a Radiance and send Voyager to Sydney??

Who knows but it’s strange there’s no cruises to Adelaide,I don’t think there’s many to Eden .

• Like 1