Meditteranean weather in Oct/Nov

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but I'm considering going on a Celebrity Galaxy cruise that stops in Italy, Turkey and Greece. The sailings I'm looking at are Oct 29 and Nov 20. Is there a significant difference in the weather between those two dates? Or are they both too cold? Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but I'm considering going on a Celebrity Galaxy cruise that stops in Italy, Turkey and Greece. The sailings I'm looking at are Oct 29 and Nov 20. Is there a significant difference in the weather between those two dates? Or are they both too cold? Thanks.

We sailed 12 days last year departing on Oct 13th and other than a little rain in Dubrovnik our weather was perfect. Given the choice, I'd take Oct 29 if you can't go any earlier.

The weather is starting to cool down by the end of October and it is the start of the rainy season - more so in November of course. If you are limited to these times, like the previous poster, I would advise you to go for the October departure. It certainly won't be baking hot and Istanbul can get quite cool by then. The Greek Isles start to "shut down" for the season, although the main sites will still be open.

Marge M

I would take the October date. Just like in the states, weather will range year over year so it's difficult to predict. I just think that November for some of the ports in the Med could turn out to be on the cold side.

We were in the Med this past September and October and we had three days in Venice as we were on a back to back cruise. The first day was very chilly, the second day warmer and the third day even warmer. So, just like here you can have a swing of temperatures particularly that time of the year.

In short, to play it safe I would take the October cruise rather than the November one.

Keith

In Europe (most of it and the places you are talking about) the summer season runs from April-October, so I would choose the October one.

I am also going on Celebrity Century on 6th Oct, so I wanted to know if anyone had experienced the weather in Spain,France & Italy at this time of year.

Looking at various weather web sites I think it will be around 23 degrees. I sure hope so, I don't like cold cruises!:)

Regards,

Lisa

Archived