Diamond Upgrade on Prima and Viva

gmbhardy

The price difference between a balcony cabin and club balcony cabin on the new ships is significantly more than on the breakaway class ships. Has anyone been successful getting a diamond perk upgrade on either the Prima or Viva.

Yes, we booked a balcony on the Viva and got the upgrade to a Club Suite.

I tried it on and requested one of the corner rooms at the front with huge balconies, but got allocated one at the aft instead. Was a decent saving (although we wouldn’t have actually paid the Club Suite price).

Yes, we upgraded from balcony to club balcony  on a 11 day Prima.  There is an older thread detailing ours and others  experience with Diamond  upgrades.  It wasn't  easy but it worked.   Good  luck !

Pardon my ignorance but I thought the Diamond upgrade was only a fractional benefit (e.g. BB to BA) rather than a change in category altogether (from balcony to mini-suite). Seems it is actually a slightly better benefit than I thought?

57 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Pardon my ignorance but I thought the Diamond upgrade was only a fractional benefit (e.g. BB to BA) rather than a change in category altogether (from balcony to mini-suite). Seems it is actually a slightly better benefit than I thought?

Yes, it is an upgrade to the next category.

The issue is that you don't get much choice in the actual cabin you are moved to, so it is likely to be the lowest of that category.

For example, our other upgrade was from an Oceanview to a Balcony on the Dawn. We have been upgraded to a Hull Balcony. Not a particular problem to us as we saved a lot on that one, but there doesn't seem to be any benefit in booking a better room within the category, as you will still get a very basic room as the upgrade.

I think that some early reports had people reporting better luck in having a say in the room they were upgraded to, but more recent reports suggest that NCL are not doing that these days.

• Thanks 1