NCL latest way to stop you from upgrading.

14 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Yes, the price drops after final payment simply because the BOGO air is no longer offered...whether you took it in your initial booking or not. This is a change in the deal, it is NOT considered to be a price drop.

If you want actual answers here you will need to share your entire original invoice (you can redact the personal info) showing the date of booking, the booking codes, etc.

Other than that, you just end up being someone looking for someone to tell them what they want to hear.

Bogo air was available when I booked and it is currently offered I never use it

17 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Yes, the price drops after final payment simply because the BOGO air is no longer offered...whether you took it in your initial booking or not. This is a change in the deal, it is NOT considered to be a price drop.

If you want actual answers here you will need to share your entire original invoice (you can redact the personal info) showing the date of booking, the booking codes, etc.

Other than that, you just end up being someone looking for someone to tell them what they want to hear.

We're wasting our time here.  The poster is either very confused or very deceptive (or both).  Or, he's just screwing with us....   That's my vote.

8 hours ago, detroitlions said:

So I tried to upgrade my room from Balcony to Club balcony. Did a mock booking and also looked at another site. 

The difference in price was $50 more than what I paid.

I called NCL 2 different times with the same answer. Instead of letting you upgrade they tell you the price is $800.

Now we all know they see what we see when doing the mock booking. The price they are giving you is the high end bid price of the upgrade site they do not try to rebook you they just say no that is what I am seeing. I find this very lame. 

Easy sokution, book the cabin you rally want in the first place.  BTW NCL is NOT stopping you from doing anything.  You have the choice to pay the price or not.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

Well, that puts a pin in it for me. BOGO airfare offer falls off at day 110 AFAIK.  So not currently offered on a cruise that's 2 months out.

Post your statement details (price drop is based on fare, not total) if you want to be believed.

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

You don't understand. It doesn't matter whether you use it or not...it is still part of the package, and ALL parts of the package must be present to get a price adjustment.

While bogo air is currently offered, it is NOT currently offered on your sailing. Shortly after final payment, NCL removed the bogo air as you are too close for their provider to book your tickets.

Here are the Joy sailings...as you can see, no airfare offered. You are comparing apples to oranges.

joy.thumb.jpg.84834f349bfd3ff19e83348183324829.jpg

• Like 2

Many confused people not reading OP's post properly "help" in making this extra confusing... 😮 
Anyway, you cannot compare procedures before and after final pay. This cruise is past final pay, so the "pay the difference" using a "price drop-price"  as your guide should be out the window just by that fact. No automatic "cancel and rebook" without a penalty at that point! (Even though I'm sure it has been done many times. But still not required)

The $800 quuote probably has a "cancel after final pay"-fee (or something of that nature) built in. 

Everyone, incuding OP, please drop the "slider thing". It has absolutely nothing to do with this! It could be that "slider maximum" IS the upgrade price, but no point in getting stuck on that!

Edited by Asawi

7 hours ago, SeaShark said:

You don't understand. It doesn't matter whether you use it or not...it is still part of the package, and ALL parts of the package must be present to get a price adjustment.

While bogo air is currently offered, it is NOT currently offered on your sailing. Shortly after final payment, NCL removed the bogo air as you are too close for their provider to book your tickets.

Here are the Joy sailings...as you can see, no airfare offered. You are comparing apples to oranges.

joy.thumb.jpg.84834f349bfd3ff19e83348183324829.jpg

You can clearly see here balcony 1149 club 1299. No matter how you look at it after taxes or BOGO or not it will not add up to $800. And the fact you can not post anything on hear with out being jumped by the same folks that always do is just lame. Still no one has called to get there so called upgrade after final purchase to prove all this wrong.

8 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'm pretty sure that nobody is believing any of this at this point.

Your just sweating cause your worried you will no longer be able to play games with upgrades. I can believe that. 

17 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

You can clearly see here balcony 1149 club 1299. No matter how you look at it after taxes or BOGO or not it will not add up to $800. 

Well, it's not $50 either...  Price difference comes to 150x2=300 if I'm understanding things correctly. You are also comparing prices after final pay, possibly after price drops. You just cannot expect to take advantage of those the way you want to. 

Having said that, I'm in Europe so I'm not really familiar with USA terms and conditions.

32 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

You can clearly see here balcony 1149 club 1299. No matter how you look at it after taxes or BOGO or not it will not add up to $800. And the fact you can not post anything on hear with out being jumped by the same folks that always do is just lame. Still no one has called to get there so called upgrade after final purchase to prove all this wrong.

You are trying to manipulate data to support your claim here. Those are the per person prices that don't account for taxes, fees, and gratuities on package components, all of which will change depending on what promotion is offered. Bottom line is that once you cross the 110 day line, the same upgrade options aren't available anymore, and before you ask, yes I in fact HAVE talked to Norwegian about upgrades inside the 110 day timeframe and what others are saying here is 100% correct. Once you are inside that timeframe the promotional offers change, which means you cannot do what you are looking to. I am sorry you don't like the answers you are getting, but they are in fact correct. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

You didn't like the answer you got from NCL and you don't like the answer you get here. Sorry about that, but sometimes the truth isn't what we want to hear.

Your answer above incorrectly compares CURRENT pricing. You didn't originally book under that pricing, so you can't use it. Again...apples to oranges.

Also, sorry that nobody here past final payment is going to call and try to cancel their booking just to "prove" something to you. This is only an internet discussion forum. Not a court for you to prensent your case, not a support group, we don't provide ammo and arguments for you to use against the cruise line...this is just a place to chat, not a place where everyone agrees. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well now.  This is fun.  We need some picture diagrams, maybe a power point.

OP...just provide the (much requested) full invoice of the fare you were charged....not just small snippets here and there.  Block out any personal information. It will say "Confirmation Guest Copy".  That will show everything.  Fare, perks, OBC, etc.  They emailed it to you when you made your reservation.

Then, show the $50 upgrade fare you're seeing with the same itinerary, ship and dates.  Screen capture will be fine as an attachment.

I do believe we can help guide you, but only if we have correct information so we know which direction to point you to.

Just a few hours ago we paid to uprade our cabin for our sailing next month. Called the main line and it took less than 5 minutes. We were in a forward Haven suite and moved to a 2 Bedroom Villa for €670. When we originally booked, the 2br was €1200+ p.p. higher than what we booked the forward suite for. We did have a bid of €800 (€400x2) in for the 2br. The max possible bid for the 2br was over €1000 p.p. We are happy getting the upgrade for less than what we were bidding.

Edited by sicness4x4

Mock booking on NCL for a club suite comes to $2,942.80 which is less than what the OP claimed to have paid.  NCL does not allow "upgrades" to rooms that have a lower cost.  Apparently they "offered" the upgrade for $800.

image.thumb.png.d6c466a8a5903e71061462892774ee8c.png 

Edited by WillCruiseForMoney

2 hours ago, detroitlions said:

Instead of the response above to @SeaShark, why don't you respond to his specific point (and I agree it is THE point) and show us what package you initially booked your balcony under.  Without seeing the full package, there is no way to compare.

4 minutes ago, WillCruiseForMoney said:

Mock booking on NCL for a club suite comes to $2,942.80 which is less than what the OP claimed to have paid.  NCL does not allow "upgrades" to rooms that have a lower cost.  Apparently they "offered" the upgrade for $800.

Interesting I did this mock booking yesterday and came out with the $3449.18, just like the OP stated.  Did the price just drop another $500?

5 minutes ago, WillCruiseForMoney said:

You can't simply do what you did above...at the point where you did your screen grab, port taxes and fees haven't been added to the booking. Not only that, but you're not comparing identical packages You need the total price for the club balcony suite under the OP's booking package, not today's booking package.

Apples to oranges.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PATRLR said:

Interesting I did this mock booking yesterday and came out with the $3449.18, just like the OP stated.  Did the price just drop another $500?

Wow, I just did it again and it did indeed go down about $500.

6 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

ou can't simply do what you did above...at the point where you did your screen grab, port taxes and fees haven't been added to the booking.

Oh, right.  I missed that on this mornings.  Add the tax and we get to the number OP posted.  

Hmmm...so bottom line is (as most of us knew) NCL is not obligated to give us any changes after final payment.  Period. Any exception is a roll of the dice based on the agent, your variables, and the humidity over east coast of Bermuda.  It is a curious data point that they won't let you pay the difference of your package price and a higher category package price (if all things, such as BOGO air, are equal)........and are instead potentially quoting an upgrade price from the outsourced upgrade bidding tool.........but still pretty much how I think they have always operated most the time.

20 hours ago, detroitlions said:

So I tried to upgrade my room from Balcony to Club balcony. Did a mock booking and also looked at another site. 

Can you explain why NCL would want to stop someone from upgrading?

55 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Hmmm...so bottom line is (as most of us knew) NCL is not obligated to give us any changes after final payment.  Period. Any exception is a roll of the dice based on the agent, your variables, and the humidity over east coast of Bermuda.  It is a curious data point that they won't let you pay the difference of your package price and a higher category package price (if all things, such as BOGO air, are equal)........and are instead potentially quoting an upgrade price from the outsourced upgrade bidding tool.........but still pretty much how I think they have always operated most the time.

Your right on most of this. But I did the full mock booking on NCL site. Folks keep asking for my full payment info I did not do that ( and I am not going too) I only sent the bottom line with taxes included for everything out the door. All my options were the same I am not copying them all down. I really have given up the bottom line is trying to change or upgrade your room cause the price went down does not look like this is going to happen. No room credits either after final payment. 

Yeah, unfortunately I found them to be the same as well. Seems just how most cruise lines operate.  Maybe someday someone will come disrupt this industry like Southwest did to airlines, but until then, just got to play the game.  Still, hope you have a wonderful cruise and don't let some price differences tarnish a great time.