Virgin Gorda, Bath tour

Papadog

Hi, we are in our 70s, and we wanted to know if anyone around our age did this tour (Virgin Gorda bath tour)with Windsurf, there tour describes as moderate, but when we looked on you tube looked dangerous!,,,I would really appreciate any help with this decision to go or stay on ship.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure “age” is a good measure. I worry more about physical mobility in these cases. As to the Virgin Gorda Bath excursion, I (78 at the time) and my wife (77 at the time, with a bad hip and gimpy knee) both enjoyed that excursion.

Stan

Interested to see this topic - my husband & I, both in our 70s. will be there on Star Pride in late October.  I also wondered about how difficult it is.  I’m more of a sun & beach person than he is, so I’ll probably go for it while he sits it out on the ship😏

18 minutes ago, IpswichChris said:

Interested to see this topic - my husband & I, both in our 70s. will be there on Star Pride in late October.  I also wondered about how difficult it is.  I’m more of a sun & beach person than he is, so I’ll probably go for it while he sits it out on the ship😏

A few shots from the walk through the rocks...

VirginGorda-Baths-4623.jpg

VirginGorda-Baths-4645.jpg

VirginGorda-Baths-1130476.jpg

VirginGorda-Baths-1130486.jpg

VirginGorda-4637.jpg

Edited by GottaKnowWhen
Added photo.

51 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

We hired a taxi at the port. Took us around the island including Baths. Went at our own pace. Cost was less than the ship excursion.

The problem in Virgin Gorda is you can get a taxi in port only when the ship stops in Spanish Town, which was the case for a few years after Hurricane Maria, but now that they are back in the North Sound/Prickly Pear, only guests that have a booked excursion to the Baths can take the tender to Gun Creek.  Independent guests can only take the tender to go the beach BBQ on Prickly Pear Island.