Help with "Search"

Has the search function changed?  We used to be able to search a particular forum (In my case I almost always only want content posted in the HAL forum) but I don't see that possibility anymore!  Is it just me, or has the whole search page changed?  Is it still possible to limit a search to a particular forum?

Put your cursor into the “Search” box and the drop-down list will appear, greyed out.  It will default to “This Forum” if you are on the HAL board.  Conversely, it will default to “This Topic” if you click on the search whilst in a thread.  (See pic 1)

IMG_1015.thumb.jpeg.9f052e8e8cea372335b5d6a318db5cdc.jpeg

If you click on/touch the down-arrow, it allows you to choose from the drop-down list:

IMG_1014.thumb.jpeg.ff935edc49122bab239076233eb52bef.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moriah said:

Has the search function changed?  We used to be able to search a particular forum (In my case I almost always only want content posted in the HAL forum) but I don't see that possibility anymore!  Is it just me, or has the whole search page changed?  Is it still possible to limit a search to a particular forum?

Search is both context and device sensitive. If you are on some mobile devices you will use the magnifying glass icon to access Search.

Screenshot_20240125_100226_Chrome.jpg.ac2f43cf9bee7ad2c13780c64ca5c85a.jpg

On the Search form select Topics and then use the drop down to pick the particular forum to be searched.

Screenshot_20240125_100333_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d15a2ab7b98494b100e5f8b224163dbe.jpg

Interesting!  Thanks, clearly, you still have that function, but nowhere on my interface does that dropdown to choose the forum appear!  I am using my Macbook at the moment.  I will try it on my phone, but I almost always am on my computer, so this is quite annoying. 

Edited by Moriah

5 minutes ago, Moriah said:

Interesting!  Thanks, clearly, you still have that function, but nowhere on my interface does that dropdown to choose the forum appear!  I am using my Macbook at the moment.  I will try it on my phone, but I almost always am on my computer, so this is quite annoying. 

On your MacBook go to the forum you want to search, click in the search bubble. It should default to searching that forum.