Dinner Time Information

cuse165

We have always Cruised on Royal Caribbean but this time we are taking a NCL and I have a question about Dinner. I know NCL doesn't have a main dining time like Royal you go whenever you want. But does it have a option that you can sign up to have the same table same time and same restaurant for all 7 nights? Or is it between a certain time at any of the free restaurants at any table they have free?

NCL is all freestyle, so there are no tables set aside for people to have in a traditional style.

The closest that you can do would be to book a restaurant for the same time every night. That wouldn't give you the same table though. I believe that some people have spoken to the staff and requested the same table each night, so that may work. I'm not sure you would get the same staff serving you each time though, if that is what you are after.

I accidentally wound up with that on the Escape. The restaurant manager felt it would be easiest with my severe food allergies for me to eat at the same table with the same waiter in the same MDR at the same time each day. But that's an extreme situation.

9 hours ago, cuse165 said:

We have always Cruised on Royal Caribbean but this time we are taking a NCL and I have a question about Dinner. I know NCL doesn't have a main dining time like Royal you go whenever you want. But does it have a option that you can sign up to have the same table same time and same restaurant for all 7 nights? Or is it between a certain time at any of the free restaurants at any table they have free?

You are seated at the first available table, like a restaurant at home. You could make a reservation, but most people show up when they are hungry and when it fits their schedule for the day. 

20 minutes ago, cuse165 said:

One of our guests has a seafood allergy and another is in a wheelchair. Would that help in any way? We would need a accessible table every night. 

You probably will benefit from looking at relative information on this link:

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising#dietary-requirements

Submit your form sooner, rather than later!  Follow-up if you don't get a response within two weeks of submitted the form.

• Like 1

i can see the problem, but with all the dining options on board, why would you want to eat in the same place for 7 days.

im sure any of the many restaurants on the ship, can accomodate  you with a wheelchair accessible table,  and seafood less menu choices. i'd be very much surprised if ncl  couldnt do this for you

3 hours ago, cuse165 said:

One of our guests has a seafood allergy and another is in a wheelchair. Would that help in any way? We would need a accessible table every night. 

Not really. The restaurant will not hold a table just in case you show up. The waiters will ask every table about food allergies. You should register your food allergy with the access desk in advance of your cruise. 

In the galley, there are sheets for all dishes being served reminding the waiters of the contents of the food. And with a specific identified allergy, the chef will be notified to ensure there is no issue with what you have ordered. 

image.png.91ff02247eb995714315982130622aa3.png

Edited by BirdTravels