No shore excursions for certain ports

doolfan

I’m new to cruising and will be taking my first this spring. On the Norwegian app I can look through all the shore excursions and sort them by port. However 2 ports are missing, Kusadasi Turkey, and Nice France.  We are at both locations for many hours so I’m not sure why no excursions are listed. Does this mean there are t any we can take or just that they are not listed yet?  I’ve been checking for months and many more excursions have been added but none for these 2 ports. Thanks!

As you have seen, excursions are added at various times in the lead up to a cruise, and those times can differ by port. So it is not unusual for there to be some ports with excursions listed and others where they aren’t.

However, it does seem strange that none are listed yet at this stage. We are visiting Villefranche (which I assume is the port you are visiting for Nice) in April and excursions have been on there for ages. Similarly, we went to Kusadasi a couple of years ago and excursions there were posted a long time out.

I would be surprised (although I suppose it’s possible) that they have all sold out, as I find they tend to add more as tours fill up.

So I would say that it is unusual for no tours to have been available at this point. Many would suggest calling to enquire, but you aren’t guaranteed to get a sensible answer (I suspect that many phone reps will just say that they must have sold out without actually doing any checking). It may be worth making that call and taking any answer with a pinch of salt.

What would really surprise me would be if you got onboard and still found that nothing was offered, so I think your chances of finding something once onboard are very good.

11 hours ago, doolfan said:

I’m new to cruising and will be taking my first this spring. On the Norwegian app I can look through all the shore excursions and sort them by port. However 2 ports are missing, Kusadasi Turkey, and Nice France.  We are at both locations for many hours so I’m not sure why no excursions are listed. Does this mean there are t any we can take or just that they are not listed yet?  I’ve been checking for months and many more excursions have been added but none for these 2 ports. Thanks!

When is your cruise?

NCL does not run any excursions. They sign local tour providers to run the excursions in each port. Once the tour providers are on contract, their excursions are posted. 

I'm on a cruise in May and Messina has only 2 excursions, neither of which go to Mt Etna or Taormina-the most popular excursions.  Catania doesn't have any excursions.  I found this very strange.

23 hours ago, doolfan said:

The alternate is to use Viator.com for finding excursions in those ports.  

1 hour ago, F19810 said:

I'm on a cruise in May and Messina has only 2 excursions, neither of which go to Mt Etna or Taormina-the most popular excursions.  Catania doesn't have any excursions.  I found this very strange.

We booked a trip through excursionssicily.com. from Catania. Highly recommend. Went to the little town where they filmed some scenes from the Godfather and then to Taormina and Castelmora.

Same for us.....for our Sept. 2024 cruise there is nothing listed for Kusadasi.   We have booked an excursion through ephesusshuttle as recommended by others on cruise critic.   They were very prompt with email replies, etc.

I’m cruising in July to the Greek Isles and have my excursions booked except for Kusadasi which none has been listed yet by NCL.  I’ve been looking since last year.  I called the excursion department and they said they’re still implementing them into the system.  I did see last week where they added 2 new excursions but they weren’t for our stop in Kusadasi.

• 1 month later...

I will be cruising in May and some excursions will not list unless its 50 days out. So you may still see some show up. Having said that, Catania was on my cruise itinerary last May and suddenly they removed it, and Made it a Day At Sea. I was really bummed over, but they said it happens and it is within the guidelines. I am now going on another Mediterranean Cruise with the same situation occurring. I called NCL to ask if Catania will be a day at sea and they would not tell me. Strange? however I have a feeling the same may happen. Hope this helps.

On 1/29/2024 at 1:48 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

We're only 72 days out from a cruise that calls in Moorea, French Polynesia.  No excursions listed there.

27 days out and *still* nothing listed for Moorea.  I'm thinking it's a system glitch.  Doesn't impact me though...we've already booked third party.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Juplovin67 said:

I will be cruising in May and some excursions will not list unless its 50 days out. So you may still see some show up. Having said that, Catania was on my cruise itinerary last May and suddenly they removed it, and Made it a Day At Sea. I was really bummed over, but they said it happens and it is within the guidelines. I am now going on another Mediterranean Cruise with the same situation occurring. I called NCL to ask if Catania will be a day at sea and they would not tell me. Strange? however I have a feeling the same may happen. Hope this helps.

Norwegian Viva on May 9th is the only NCL ship that shows on the Catania port schedule for May. Hope that's your cruise because Sicily is not to be missed.

Edited by yakcruiser

7 hours ago, yakcruiser said:

Norwegian Viva on May 9th is the only NCL ship that shows on the Catania port schedule for May. Hope that's your cruise because Sicily is not to be missed.

Yes..It also stops in Messina