Any way to get resturaunt prices (granted potentially inaccurate in the future) prior to booking? (Australia)

Looking at celebrity reviews of returaunts and trying to understand the ecenomics of eating in the speciality dining options.

Is there any way to figure out the avg cost per night if your going to eat speciality every night? Fairly roughly? (with no alcohol)

Cheers in advance.

Have you tried to look in the app for the same ship and sailing but in the near future to see if it shows that?  If you then go into the Dining and select the restaurant toward the bottom below the day/times are the prices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, micruiser2002 said:

Have you tried to look in the app for the same ship and sailing but in the near future to see if it shows that?  If you then go into the Dining and select the restaurant toward the bottom below the day/times are the prices.

Cheers will try!

• Like 1

Going by your screen name, I am just hoping that you do realize that there is no need to ever eat at a specialty restaurant unless you want to.  The main dining room or the buffet are always included in your cruise fare.  We once met a young couple on their first cruise (honeymoon) who told us they were eating only in the buffet in order to save money.  They believed that the main dining room was an extra charge. 

7 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Going by your screen name, I am just hoping that you do realize that there is no need to ever eat at a specialty restaurant unless you want to.  The main dining room or the buffet are always included in your cruise fare.  We once met a young couple on their first cruise (honeymoon) who told us they were eating only in the buffet in order to save money.  They believed that the main dining room was an extra charge. 

Yes I realise this, Food is priority above all else for us, we cook almost everything we eat and I grow a large amount of the ingredients we use.

Just going by average demographics, I hope you realise there is no need to drink alcohol, Its very bad for you, causes dementia and wastes a lot of money you could spend on speciality resturaunts.  🙂

7 minutes ago, FiguringOutCruising said:

Yes I realise this, Food is priority above all else for us, we cook almost everything we eat and I grow a large amount of the ingredients we use.

Just going by average demographics, I hope you realise there is no need to drink alcohol, Its very bad for you, causes dementia and wastes a lot of money you could spend on speciality resturaunts.  🙂

Food being a high priority was, of course, the other possibility.  When planning our wedding my husband and I used to joke that we could not save any money because one of us was from a "foodie" culture and the other was from a culture that will eat anything but are VERY particular about what they will drink.  You should, of course, spend on what you enjoy.  With only 7 posts here and a screen name indicating that you are still figuring cruising out, I wanted to make sure you understood what is included in your cruise fare.

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Like 1

Keep in mind, when looking at prices, that the price listed for Australia sailings includes the service charge.  For other sailings the service charge is added to the published price.  The total comes out the same, but the presentation differs.

this just showed up in a recent thread about room service.  It appeared that the amount charged had increased but it was  just a geographic difference.

Edited by cruisestitch

Both on the App and Website you can click each restraunt and it will give the price.   You will also on the Website look at the various x number of nights  Specialty Dining Packages.   This should help you calculate the best price for you.