US citizen beginning cruise in Quebec-requirements

In Oct. we fly into Quebec from Dallas to begin Canada/Colonial America cruise. Does Canada require anything other than a passport to enter their country? We began a cruise in Vancover in 2021 & had to jump through a bunch of hopps, but most were covid related. I'm hoping things are easier now. Tia. 😊

3 minutes ago, 1965 said:

In Oct. we fly into Quebec from Dallas to begin Canada/Colonial America cruise. Does Canada require anything other than a passport to enter their country? We began a cruise in Vancover in 2021 & had to jump through a bunch of hopps, but most were covid related. I'm hoping things are easier now. Tia. 😊

Only need a passport ID you are a US citizen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

If you complete ArriveCAN, you can skip the long line entering into Canada 

Last time we came into Canada via Amtrak no lines they checked passports in Seattle before boarding train and filled out immigration forms on the train. No lines at all. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, memoak said:

Last time we came into Canada via Amtrak no lines they checked passports in Seattle before boarding train and filled out immigration forms on the train. No lines at all. 

OP is flying in and therefor, that a huge difference. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

If you complete ArriveCAN, you can skip the long line entering into Canada 

I did ArriveCAN last May. I was never asked for it, nor did I see a line for it.. There was no long line entering Canada. I went to Vancouver 2x last year and dealt with their kiosks which was a piece of cake.

• Like 1

There is an online customs form (don’t remember if it was attached to ArriveCAN).   Quebec airport is very small.  Immigrations “shouldn’t” take that long (I flew into Montreal). The airport was further away than I had estimated.  I took the Princess transfer from ship to airport.  

Clarification….

i did 2 New England cruises last year.  
Cruise #1:  Flew out of Quebec in August.

Cruise #2:  Flew into Montreal and took a train to Quebec in October.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

OP is flying in and therefor, that a huge different. 

They will still have a passport check before they board. I have crossed the border by car and train and have only needed a passport. If you have Nexus that can speed things up a little

• Thanks 1

ArriveCAN is optional entering into Canada and if you do use it, there is a special line (not we’ll advertise) at Customs. We use it arriving back in Toronto and the Customs Agents was dead quiet in the ArriveCAN lane. The passport lane was long. My guess 10 minute wait. It all depends where you are flying into and time. You would think the Quebec airport will be quiet. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2024 at 12:01 PM, DHP1 said:

ArriveCAN is optional entering into Canada and if you do use it, there is a special line (not we’ll advertise) at Customs. We use it arriving back in Toronto and the Customs Agents was dead quiet in the ArriveCAN lane. The passport lane was long. My guess 10 minute wait. It all depends where you are flying into and time. You would think the Quebec airport will be quiet. 

So, I can use ArriveCAN - just not required.   And if I ask politely, will the agent stamp my passport? I like collection stamps.

What about leave your wonderful country when I get on the ship? Will I be able to obtain an exit stamp and the port of embarkation?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KillerSnake said:

So, I can use ArriveCAN - just not required.  Correct.  And if I ask politely, will the agent stamp my passport? No I like collection stamps. Sorry, wrong Country. You could go to the Postal Office and buy a stamp.  Lol

What about leave your wonderful country when I get on the ship? Bye Bye Will I be able to obtain an exit stamp and the port of embarkation? Nope  If your nice, maybe some one will give you a candy  

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

Bummer.........I like my passport to have the entrance and exit stamp. Sad day for International Travel.

At least most Caribbean countries will let Cruisers get theirs stamped as if they came in on their own sailboat. Just have to find the Port Office if you really want it.