Age demographic

Cruiscs

Some 30’s and 40’s, and then a mix of the ages upwards. Some on the far older side but a variety in middle. Remember too that depending on the ports in Europe there isnt always as much for people with mobility issues to do because a lot requires walking. 

4 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

Some 30’s and 40’s, and then a mix of the ages upwards. Some on the far older side but a variety in middle. Remember too that depending on the ports in Europe there isnt always as much for people with mobility issues to do because a lot requires walking. 

The TAs have more scooters as people wouldn’t even get off at the ports 😁

On 1/27/2024 at 12:34 PM, georgiaguy said:

I worked for Celebrity as youth staff and a general rule of thumb, if school is in session there will be fewer kids onboard. Back then, at least, it would average less than 30 kids after the fall semester began. 

We also took the 10 night Greece, Italy, Montenegro, and Croatia in June 2022. We were both late 30’s at the time. That was best cruise we have ever been on. Admittedly it was only 2/3 full but it was the ports that really made the trip. The ship itself, Reflection, had a good mix of folks and was also really incredible. I highly recommend it. 

Hi, Can you tell me about your experiences with April vacation? I'm hoping there will be enough kids for my 9 and 14 year old to play with in the kids clubs. Thank you 

44 minutes ago, helpmenew2crusing said:

Hi, Can you tell me about your experiences with April vacation? I'm hoping there will be enough kids for my 9 and 14 year old to play with in the kids clubs. Thank you 

March and April cruises, at least back, then would typically jump from under 30 to a couple hundred kids onboard. If it is their Spring Break I would expect that to be true still. 

1 hour ago, georgiaguy said:

March and April cruises, at least back, then would typically jump from under 30 to a couple hundred kids onboard. If it is their Spring Break I would expect that to be true still. 

Wow!!! That's a lot. We are in MA so it's the middle of April for us this year. We have a dinner booked for the first night hopefully they won't miss too much of the meet and greets. Thank you for your response.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

We did a 14 day Southern Carribean cruise during Spring Break and there were few if any kids.  I think a lot of it has to do with the length of the cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

We did a 14 day Southern Carribean cruise during Spring Break and there were few if any kids.  I think a lot of it has to do with the length of the cruise.

That is true. I should have been more clear. Cruises that match with spring break so 7 days or less will have more kids and the longer the cruise the fewer the kids. That is actually a year round occurrence. Also the farther from the US the few the kids though summer in Europe can have more.

On 1/27/2024 at 3:27 PM, Cruiscs said:

Hi. We are a couple in our 30s looking for a relaxing trip in the eastern Mediterranean later this year. We have looked on several 9,10 and 11 nights itineraries from late August to early October. We try do avoid too many kids (like We have experienced on RCL at peak season). Also suprised how many kids there where last year on Celebrity E class during the peak season.  However we dont want a nursery home either. 

Any of you who have been on a longer Med cruise in september and October who would like to share their experiences? Thank you

Jim_Iain is giving you some pretty solid advise based on real observations. 

We started sailing on Celebrity in our mid to late thirties and were almost always the youngest people on the shop. On multiple trips we were asked "is this your first cruise?" by elderly ladies! Sadly that no longer happens!. 

Now in our late forties we still appear to be amongst the youngest on the ship when sailing longer itineraries. There are some in their thirties and forties but not very many at all in our experience. I've seen kids on every Celebrity cruise I've ever taken but there's not very many onboard. Most families look to sail on RCL, Carnival or NCL etc. 

What I would say is completely ignore all of the Celebrity marketing that features young models. At best it's disingenuous to suggest that that is their usual demographic. If you want to see how young the real crowd is on a Celebrity ship take a look at Youtube. You're bound to find videos from people who have taken the itineraries you are interested in. Have a look at the footage they take in the public areas of the ship and you'll see it really is an older crowd who sail on Celebrity. 

And I'm not trying to be controversial here but one big observation of mine has been that older people always insinuate that there are more younger people onboard than there really are. 

If you are wanting to meet and mingle with those in their thirties and forties I would say that Celebrity is a poor choice. Across the board I'd put the average age onboard to be around 60. I'd also say that entertainment is definitely not aimed at thirty to forty somethings in my experience. 

Check those videos on Youtube. 😉 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Based on the title, I thought the OP was asking about the age demographic on CC.  Do you think the age demographic is older on CC than Celebrity?

nitpicker....😁

3 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

And I'm not trying to be controversial here but one big observation of mine has been that older people always insinuate that there are more younger people onboard than there really are. 

It's all relative...someone 100 would think I was a spring chicken...🤞

Edited by Oceangoer2

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Based on the title, I thought the OP was asking about the age demographic on CC.  Do you think the age demographic is older on CC than Celebrity?

12 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Cruise Critic

I think Compare the other social media site Cruise Critic is an older demographic and more Retreat customers 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I think Compare the other social media site Cruise Critic is an older demographic and more Retreat customers 

On the Celebrity section, most definitely. I wouldn't say the same for the Carnival section. 

3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Are they asking now on both sites for an age notification?  or do you have insight into one's postings as to which demographic they belong?   😉🤔.  As for suite customers, yes, lately there has been more than usual suite booking identification, along with how many sailings, and their CC status.  Perhaps there are many more who enjoy the 'suite' life, but they choose to keep it to themselves.

Our first Celebrity cruise was 20 years ago, we were in our early 30s, and the only one of our children we brought along was the youngest, who was a fetus.  We linked up with a Cruise Critic group ahead of time and most of the people we hung out with were 50s-70s, the biggest group onboard was a Parkinsons support group, mostly 60s-80s.  We had a wonderful time, even though there were very few other passengers in our age demographic.  Our cruise was October, and there were only a few children onboard.

if they run a kids sail free campaign that can make a little difference.  I ran into two honeymooning couples on my last X cruise, first time for that, I was shocked. 

Edited by rmalbers

8 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

What has the OP said that makes you think Carnival is a viable option for them? 

Not what the OP said, but in answer to what you said..."f you are wanting to meet and mingle with those in their thirties and forties I would say that Celebrity is a poor choice."

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Not what the OP said, but in answer to what you said..."f you are wanting to meet and mingle with those in their thirties and forties I would say that Celebrity is a poor choice."

I see, so you failed to understand.