Typical DCL Cruise with a wheelchair

fantavet

We are sailing the Disney Magic later this year. My wife does not do well with long walking distances. So we will have a collapsable wheelchair. I know the rules state these must be stored in designated public areas or our room. So if she needs help to go from our room to the pool deck I would drop her off, and return the wheelchair back to our room until she needs it again? 

At Castaway Cay I know it is a bit of a walk to the trams. Does DCL have any assistance to the trams or do I have to use our wheelchair? Really didn't want to lug that all over the island. As you can tell this is the first time we ever had to travel with a wheelchair.

You can ask for a ride to the beach.  You may have to wait for 10-15 minutes or more if they are in use.  You cannot take a wheelchair on the golf cart.  Don’t forget to tip the driver each way.  We gave $5 tip each way to Serenity Beach on January. 19, 2024.

Depending on what you want to do on Castaway Cay, it can be a decent walk between things. So, you may want the wheel chair on the island. There are sidewalks for the main path between the shops, food, bathroom, and activities. But if you are planning on spending the day at Serenity Beach, the food, beverage, beach area and water are much closer together. There are no shops at Serenity Beach though.

DCL does have beach wheel chairs, if she needs/wants that instead of the long walk from the sidewalk across the family beach area.

The below link is taken from the Stern of the ship looking over the family beaches on Castaway Cay. The sidewalk path is back buy the buildings in the trees. The distance from the sidewalk to the water can be pretty long. The distance from one end to the other is long as well.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iAkwtnBaxPk3J3Ug6

There are wheelchair accessible trams on Castaway Cay so you can use the wheelchair on the island trails.

If you search for Curb Free with Cory Lee on the unmentionable site you will find a relevant video from April 7, 2022.

And you can get a glimpse of the accessible tram on this video (fast forward to about the 2:35 mark).

• Like 1