OBC for transfers?

LindaAndBillTravel

I've read posts on this board that say you can use OBC for private transfers at the end of your cruise by talking to the concierge to arrange this. This has me wondering if you can use OBC for a private transfer during the cruise. Specifically, we would be interested in a private transfer from Cadiz to Seville and back. There is a 7 hour DIY excursion, but given we are in port 12 hours, we would like a bit more time in Seville than the group excursion allows. And we have a lot of OBC. Has anyone ever been able to arrange this?

Edited by LindaAndBillTravel

The concierge can indeed make arrangements for you onshore.  The cost of what they source will be high but it would be a nice way to blow OBC. 

23 minutes ago, uktog said:

The concierge can indeed make arrangements for you onshore.  The cost of what they source will be high but it would be a nice way to blow OBC. 

Thank you for the quick response. Do you think there would be any difficulty with this port being 2 days after embarkation? I'm not sure how much time is needed to make this kind of arrangement

Be warned...

On the last occasion I asked Azamara's concierge for a price for a transfer to our hotel on debarkation at Lisbon we were quoted $97.

We took a taxi - it cost €13! 

6 hours ago, LindaAndBillTravel said:

Thank you for the quick response. Do you think there would be any difficulty with this port being 2 days after embarkation? I'm not sure how much time is needed to make this kind of arrangement

You can ask shoreside to start the process however it’s sometimes hard getting through to the right people. I would call up indicate you want to arrange a private land discoveries experience and take it from there. Be ready for a near four figure sum though! 

4 hours ago, blag said:

Be warned...

On the last occasion I asked Azamara's concierge for a price for a transfer to our hotel on debarkation at Lisbon we were quoted $97.

We took a taxi - it cost €13! 

Yes, however if you have lots of ‘spare’ OBC, it’s a good way of using it up.

We’re hoping to do this in Gran Canaria to get to the aitport with a little bit of a tour on the way.

32 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, however if you have lots of ‘spare’ OBC, it’s a good way of using it up.

We’re hoping to do this in Gran Canaria to get to the aitport with a little bit of a tour on the way.

Maybe... if you have lots of unused OBC. 

Last time we were on Gran Canaria we took an Azamara tour as far as Puerto Morgan, but returned to the ship by taxi, including a slight detour into Puerto Rico to view a house my parents' built. The cost for the taxi, as I recall, was €60.

16 hours ago, LindaAndBillTravel said:

I've read posts on this board that say you can use OBC for private transfers at the end of your cruise by talking to the concierge to arrange this. This has me wondering if you can use OBC for a private transfer during the cruise. Specifically, we would be interested in a private transfer from Cadiz to Seville and back. There is a 7 hour DIY excursion, but given we are in port 12 hours, we would like a bit more time in Seville than the group excursion allows. And we have a lot of OBC. Has anyone ever been able to arrange this?

When I spoke to Azamara pre-cruise, it was only the airport and city transfers at the start and end of the cruise that could not be booked pre-cruise using OBC.  Everything else, including private tours, was payable pre-cruise with OBC.

I may be over-reading this, but it seemed that charges in the "Transfers" section on the Seaware system simply didn't have the functionality to be paid with OBC.

19 hours ago, LindaAndBillTravel said:

Thanks all. We do have what seems like an obscene amount of OBC we need to find a way to spend. Our other option would be to book the existing DIY excursion and get a taxi or Uber back instead of joining the return bus. 

Across the years, on some other lines, we've used OBC to purchase jewellery for DW at prices we felt were fair....I don't believe many would choose to purchase such on a cruise. On our first Az cruise we had an unbelievable amount of OBC, on B2B cruises enhancing the amount both cruises, but the small jewellery unit on board wasn't offering anything that attracted.

We ended up buying stuff we neither needed or wanted just for the sake of using it up. So much is included onboard, and these particular cruises were in the Caribbean so there were only a couple of excursions that were of interest.

A related OBC question which I know has been raised and answered before, but I cant find the answer.

If I have a large amount of OBC can I use it when onboard to buy an Experience More Package?

Thank you in advance

10 minutes ago, Billy Butlin said:

A related OBC question which I know has been raised and answered before, but I cant find the answer.

If I have a large amount of OBC can I use it when onboard to buy an Experience More Package?

Thank you in advance

Yes you can, I have done that before

• Like 1