Sugar free sweeteners on Nova

jglass

I am diabetic, and need sugar free sweeteners for my coffee, etc. When I was on the Spirit in the Med, there was only Stevia based products, which I am sensitive to. Anyone notice what they have on the Nova in the Caribbean? I want to know if I should bring my own.

Well on the Moon, Dawn and Muse it has been Splenda which now is Stevia. seems like it is a fleet wide policy.

Al so some of the desserts contain Splenda but at least they tell you.

Finding non-sugar substitutes was a challenge on the Spirit when I sailed on her in 2022.   Cannot remember specifically if the Nova had Splenda when I sailed last October, but they did have more than one option. 

Edited by Dolcevita Diva

On the Nova now. They have a Stevia product, Canderel, and Splenda. The Splenda lists dextrose, maltodextrin and "Splenda sucralose" as ingredients. It's in the familiar yellow packets we get in the US and DH says its the same as we have at home. We always travel with sweetener for DH's coffee, but haven't needed it aboard the Nova.

• Like 1

Thanks for checking this out, I guess I will bring my own just in case. I did talk to Silverseas rep today, he couldn’t guarantee they would have sucrolose, but he put in a request.