Confused about set dining on Celebrity Edge

lovedecruise

Hi, we are about to cruise on Celebrity Edge in just over 2 weeks.  We have been allocated set dining at 6pm.  We have read conflicting information regarding the organization of this set-time dining.  Some say that Celebrity has done away with these set times and we can just roll up at any of the four main dining rooms, at any time.  I have tried to reserve a booking on the website but it just says "Dining time already set". If we are obliged to stick to this set time, which restaurant will we be eating in and is there a possibility to try the other three restaurants over the course of our cruise?  I realize you can order from the menus of the other restaurants but we would like to try all four settings.  When I was talking to Celebrity about my dietary requirements, they said the wait list had closed for "anytime" dining making me think that this set dining option is still in play.  Can anyone please advise what the story is with set dining and if there is any flexibility?  Many thanks. 

Edge does not have set dining.  All four MDR have open seating.  Sadly the people you talk to on the phone are not always aware of the difference between e class and the M/S class ships for this

16 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Edge does not have set dining.  All four MDR have open seating.  Sadly the people you talk to on the phone are not always aware of the difference between e class and the M/S class ships for this

Why can’t I reserve a time. Tried all four dining rooms and they all said “ Dining time already set”. Will I just have to wait until I board?

13 minutes ago, snohorules said:

This thread will probably be helpful: 

Thank you. I did search for info but obviously not hard enough. It was most informative but sounds as though there is a bit of confusion regarding the reservation system, if there even is one. 

When you reservation has you in set time dining the systems blocks you from making any other main dining reservations.  The reservation system is built for the M & S class ships which have 1MDR.  If it allowed guests to have set time dining to make a reservation at a different time it would have double reservation for the same person.

On the E class ships they only open up a portion of the reservations for pre booking, so there are tables available for those without reservations.  Just go to the dining room of your choice when you are ready.  Last week we only had a wait 1 night and not very long

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 1

Four of us are sailing EDGE in June 2024 and I have booked our dinners for every night on the app, at the time and dining venue as I chose. I have anytime dining and all the reservations with venues & times are displayed on my calendar in the app and on the website . This includes my booking of EDEN with the up charge already paid. It looks like I have legit dinner reservations ....

Edited by AnnieHawk