Parking in Southampton - who do you use?

HollyLovesToTravel

Hi everyone!  I'm off on my first cruise this year and wondered where people use to park when boarding in Southampton?  I've heard some horror stories regarding some of the bigger car parking facilities so wondered if anyone uses smaller private spaces like those advertised on Just Park or Park on my Drive?

I used Parking4Cruises for a Southampton cruise and would certainly use them again. Their "check-in" was opposite the cruise terminal, so very handy for drop off and pick up. My recollection is that they move the cars from their to their secure storage facility and, of course, bring them back. 

I want to know that my car is safe while I'm away so have no interest in parking on a stranger's drive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last year, we used Your Parking Space to book 8 days at West Quay Road, Southampton, SO15 1RA, which turned out to be in the Ibis/Novotel car park opposite Gate 10 of the docks, which is the entrance for the Horizon Terminal we were travelling from. Cost £28 for the duration, and a fairly easy 10-15 minute walk to the terminal.

I park at the Holiday Inn in Herbert Walker Avenue.  Usually do a park and stay package with taxi included both ways. I think they also do straight parking only but you would have to contact them direct to confirm this.

Regards John

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Triangle car park just outside gate 4 - was ok last trip too. drove in dropped main luggage - drove out gt 4 car park on left - parked up you take keys with you then reverse on way back - left wife with all the baggage in the load/unload lanes and walked to get car and drove back in to load up

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at a company, which I won't name, but I Google earthed their address and surprisingly their was no sign of an office or car park at that address. After some research I discovered that they are a scam company who changed their name and address a frequent intervals. There are sources on the internet which list trusted and scam parking companies, so do your research before booking.

On 2/16/2024 at 12:12 PM, tonymc said:

Last year, we used Your Parking Space to book 8 days at West Quay Road, Southampton, SO15 1RA, which turned out to be in the Ibis/Novotel car park opposite Gate 10 of the docks, which is the entrance for the Horizon Terminal we were travelling from. Cost £28 for the duration, and a fairly easy 10-15 minute walk to the terminal.

Late reply I know, but we also used Your Parking Space for a two week cruise. The space was at a nearby University campus and was behind a security barrier (and undercover). Dropped my better half off at the port then walked about 15 minutes (if that) after parking the car. Same on return, I walked over, got the car, returned to port and picked up wife and luggage. Easy Peasy. Can't remember exactly how much it cost, but was significantly less expensive than other car parking options.