Set to sail Nieuw Statendam

Got upgraded to a cabin on the 8th deck, now I’m a little concerned about those cabins as it’s below the Lido deck. Has anyone stayed in them and how did you find them overall. Choice was 8 or 10th, I thought maybe the 10th would be more prone to sea sickness. I’d love to hear from anyone who had a cabin, more center, thoughts please.

I was on the Noordam last year for 69 days, on 8th deck.  It took me the whole trip to get used to the chairs, trolly's, food carts and staff every early morning and late evening.  We had several nights of rough weather and although I was not sick, woke next mornings, to find ipad, stuff on the floor after a good rock and rolling.  Will never take that deck again. 

I was on that ship and deck, closer to the aft elevators than the mid-ship ones, but on the 'jut-in' part of the ship. I was under the dining (carpeted) portion of the Lido and never heard a thing from above. 

We are on NS on Feb. 25.  We are in 8123.  We always stay on 8 .  It is near everything Spa, and Lido pool.  Very quiet.  The only thing we are not looking forward to is they canceled Key West and gave us Nassau we are not happy.

enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, Going today said:

Our cabin is category V, 8125-8147, don’t really want to say the exact number.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and to the hAL Board.  I understand your concern on naming a specific cabin and while it can make our help harder, in this case, I don’t think it does.

It looks to me like you will be under the Lido Market.  - aka the Lido dining area.

You may hear a tad of trolley on the tile portion (depending on where your bed is) but overall, the area is carpeted and I don’t think you will hear much disturbance from that area.  I think you should be good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BSMITH24 said:

We always stay on 8 .

Us too, our favorite deck because of location to spa/gym and lido pool/food....And always find it very quiet....Also, the price point for the VF cabins is very good...and very quiet up there...

Enjoy the Nieuw Statendam......

On 1/30/2024 at 8:36 PM, BSMITH24 said:

We are on NS on Feb. 25.  We are in 8123.  We always stay on 8 .  It is near everything Spa, and Lido pool.  Very quiet.  The only thing we are not looking forward to is they canceled Key West and gave us Nassau we are not happy.

enjoy your cruise!

We are on that same cruise and were wondering why they cancelled Key West as well. We've been there before (and never been to Nassau), so we're ok with it but.....

We will probably not get off in Nassau.   There is a lot of crime (pickpockets) and people asking for money.  I did watch a YouTube video and it shows the new stores in the port area.  It did show a police presence.  I am so disappointed about Key West it would have been safer.  

6 hours ago, mhurdle127 said:

We are on that same cruise and were wondering why they cancelled Key West as well. We've been there before (and never been to Nassau), so we're ok with it but.....

That has happened to us every cruise since our last one right at shutdown. So we no longer book for Key West 😪

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

That has happened to us every cruise since our last one right at shutdown. So we no longer book for Key West 😪

A simplified version of the Key West cruise ship saga. Key West tried to shut off cruise stops to ships with greater than 750 total capacity. Florida passed a law prohibiting this. Key West responded by not allowing ships at the piers they control, which is 2 of the 3, after the person in control of the privately run pier threatened to sue. So only one pier (pier B) is open for cruise stops. Since many of these itineraries are planned a few years out, scheduling conflicts over 1 pier may not be known when published. If you want to know if an itinerary actually has a berth for Key West, check the schedule at Caribe Nautical. They are the ships agents for Key West. Obviously this excludes cancellations due to weather or winds. I've made the Key West stop on 2 of the 3 cruises with Key West on the itinerary since the restart. The one I missed I was not expecting the ship to make the port, as it was not on Caribe Nautical's schedule, the ones that made port were on the schedule.

@Haljo1935, I just realized you will be on my march cruise. When you see the mid fifties gentleman (I may be using that term loosely) in the black Kangol hat with his early 20's daughter, wearing quite unusual, but different, shirts, please say hi!

• Thanks 1