Three people in an inside cabin: does NCL split the lower bed by default? (NCL Getaway)

dcipjr

Hey all,

My wife, daughter (6) and I are booked into an inside cabin on the Getaway for March, heading to Bermuda.

We usually do a balcony, but this time around, the inside cabin was a good deal cheaper—plus the weather sailing out of NYC probably means that we'd get limited use of the balcony anyway, so we're trying an inside.

In looking at photos of inside cabins with the bed down, all of the pictures I can find have the lower bed split into two twins. That's honestly all right with me, because the cabin probably would feel incredibly cramped without that empty space in the middle (let's face it: it might feel incredibly cramped with the space! 🤣)

I ask, because if NCL were to leave the lower beds together, I'd probably ask the cabin steward to separate the beds so that we can have a bit more space in the middle of the room.

Can anyone with experience weigh in? Does NCL split the lower bed by default—or do we have to ask? Or is it inconsistent?

Very inconsistent, usually left how it was for the previous cruise. Ask your steward after boarding and it will be handled. No need to call ahead of time the message never gets to the ship. 

16 hours ago, zqvol said:

Very inconsistent, usually left how it was for the previous cruise. Ask your steward after boarding and it will be handled. No need to call ahead of time the message never gets to the ship. 

I’ve heard reports of mixed success for pre-cruise requests. I just wasn’t sure whether splitting the beds for a 3 or 4 person inside cabin is standard procedure.

I haven’t been able to find many photos of inside cabins on NCL that have the upper beds down with the lower bed combined, so I’ve been hoping that they’ll just know it’s 3 people and know to split the beds.

I suppose once onboard, I can just ask the steward to split the bed when I see them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

I’ve heard reports of mixed success for pre-cruise requests. I just wasn’t sure whether splitting the beds for a 3 or 4 person inside cabin is standard procedure.

I haven’t been able to find many photos of inside cabins on NCL that have the upper beds down with the lower bed combined, so I’ve been hoping that they’ll just know it’s 3 people and know to split the beds.

I suppose once onboard, I can just ask the steward to split the bed when I see them.

It’s always been 50/50 for us, no big deal to ask for the steward to change it.