Vancouver airport flight time (departure)

Alaska05

Opinions if it is cutting it too close for a 11:40 am flight from Vancouver airport.
We are supposed to dock at 7:30 on the Sapphire Princess.

The only large ship the same day is Holland America Koningsdam.

When trying to look at flights thru Princess the parameters are after 12:00 noon.

Living in the Midwest it is hard to find flights that get home the same day albeit late.  Only other alternative is leaving late afternoon/night and flying overnight which we are trying to avoid.  We really don’t want to spend the day/night in Vancouver since we will be there several days before the cruise.

I have a 11:40AM flight booked in May from Vancouver. We got a quote on Princess EZ Air and the flight that they had us on was a 10:30AM flight so I felt better about booking the 11:40AM flight.

1 hour ago, lidodeck03 said:

I have a 11:40AM flight booked in May from Vancouver. We got a quote on Princess EZ Air and the flight that they had us on was a 10:30AM flight so I felt better about booking the 11:40AM flight.

What time are you scheduled to get back to Vancouver. Ours shows 7:30

When I look at EZ air for the day we get back it defaults to anytime after 12:00 noon.

3 hours ago, lidodeck03 said:

Well.. we get to Vancouver at 11:00PM on Friday night and they show “Operational Overnight” and disembarkation at 6:00AM Saturday morning.

Ah, that’s the difference. Thanks for clarifying. 

We have done 11:30 AM flights from YVR multiple times with no issues at all, always with multiple ships disembarking. We do the self walk off with our luggage  and either Uber or take the skytrain. We have never once felt like we cut it uncomfortably close. 

3 hours ago, 3girlsmom said:

We have done 11:30 AM flights from YVR multiple times with no issues at all, always with multiple ships disembarking. We do the self walk off with our luggage  and either Uber or take the skytrain. We have never once felt like we cut it uncomfortably close. 

Thank you

• Like 1

I'm considering the same flight time that you are.  I'm finding the flights out of Vancouver to be a challenge because I really don't want to leave so late at night.  We have a long way to travel - Vancouver to SC.

I was sweating a 1:40 departing flight. All of you make it sound like I'm doing good. I know the feeling of ridiculous layovers when trying to get back to the Midwest. It was really difficult.

I understand we need to go through US Customs at VYR before catching our flight. Can anyone explain how that works? And do US citizens need the eTA now? 

"Can anyone explain how that works?"

You line up with your passport in hand and when its your turn, you speak to the person manning that booth; give him your passport, answer their questions and then pass through to the departure gates.  Or you scan your passport at a terminal and answer the questions there; you get a receipt and then you still have to pass through a "human" to get in.  Same as going through border control in an US airport on arrival or crossing the border by car.

"And do US citizens need the eTA now?"

No.

• 3 weeks later...