Fair is Fair: A Good MSC Customer Experience

JAGR

Like many of us who have sailed on MSC more than a few times, I have had my share of less than satisfactory encounters with customer service,  Indeed, to many of us, "MSC customer service" is a true oxymoron.  When they've done something good, I think they deserve some recognition.  My DW went fairly quickly from ill, to cancer diagnosis, to home hospice care.  I called to cancel a B2B we had scheduled in March.  By the dates of the cruise, both cancellations should have come with 50% of the booking as a penalty.  The agent on the phone noted that one sail date was only one day away from a penalty of only loss of the deposit.  She worked on it for a minute, and said since it was within one day, she was able to change the cancellation date to the day before, thus costing only the deposit.  Very helpful, if only one agent, but I was impressed.  The second thing was that the refunded money was posted to my credit card within three days.  In a nutshell, MSC can come through with true "customer service."

• Like 9

Even though MSC customer service is highly variable, I've had disastrous encounters w/them, and other times when things went smoothly.  Glad that they took care of you and sorry to learn of the decline in health of your wife.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JAGR said:

Like many of us who have sailed on MSC more than a few times, I have had my share of less than satisfactory encounters with customer service,  Indeed, to many of us, "MSC customer service" is a true oxymoron.  When they've done something good, I think they deserve some recognition.  My DW went fairly quickly from ill, to cancer diagnosis, to home hospice care.  I called to cancel a B2B we had scheduled in March.  By the dates of the cruise, both cancellations should have come with 50% of the booking as a penalty.  The agent on the phone noted that one sail date was only one day away from a penalty of only loss of the deposit.  She worked on it for a minute, and said since it was within one day, she was able to change the cancellation date to the day before, thus costing only the deposit.  Very helpful, if only one agent, but I was impressed.  The second thing was that the refunded money was posted to my credit card within three days.  In a nutshell, MSC can come through with true "customer service."

Prayers and best wishes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@JAGRSo sorry to hear about your wife.  Make her comfortable and show her lots of love.

DH and I are both cancer surviviors....we know the value of enjoying each day, because you never know what tomorrow brings.

Glad MSC did right by you.......

• Like 2